• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It's time for a Stelvio tire thread

More news on tires... the Dunlop D607 (front only on the U.S. Stelvios) is being replaced by a 'Trailmax TR91' - downside is sizes for those not running the narrower rear rim; 110/80 x 19, 100/90 x 19, 90/90 x 21, 150/70 x 17, 140/80 x 17, 130/80 x 17

More info HERE

Dunlop_TrailmaxTR91.jpg

My original Pirelli rear is getting close to the wear limit and with a trip coming up to the Spagetti Rally I will replace it prior to leaving.
I know most owners have replaced with the standard size 180/55,has anybody replaced with a 170/60?
Metzeler and Continental both have that size.
I had ride of a 2010 NTX last weekend with the narrower 150 rear tyre and it steered much better than my 2009.
Can anyone see any reason not to do it, i.e will it be too much of stretch to fit it on the std rim?
Or am I mad as Pete Roper keeps telling me to take my pills :S
Brett

Rosey said:
My original Pirelli rear is getting close to the wear limit and with a trip coming up to the Spagetti Rally I will replace it prior to leaving.
I know most owners have replaced with the standard size 180/55,has anybody replaced with a 170/60?
Metzeler and Continental both have that size.
I had ride of a 2010 NTX last weekend with the narrower 150 rear tyre and it steered much better than my 2009.
Can anyone see any reason not to do it, i.e will it be too much of stretch to fit it on the std rim?
Or am I mad as Pete Roper keeps telling me to take my pills :S
Brett

Brett.....stay on your meds !

The reason the NTX acted better is because with the norrower rear tire it falls into the corner easier. That being said there is a lot more tread on the stock 2009 "180" rear so once you get the beast leaned over you can push it harder (more contact patch) through the corner. Now I dance to the tune of a different drummer, John the moderator beats me up every time I talk tires on this forum cause I run higher than recommended tire pressures, but I will not stretch a tire on a rim, never. Bite the bullet and spend the bucks for the NTX rear wheel like some of us have.

GT-Rx said:
cgalardi said:
Hi Todd (and anyone else running Scorpion Trails!),
Looking at Pirelli Scorpion Trails for the Stelvio. They offer the front 110/80/19 in both H and V speed rating for the same price. Any reason to go with one vs. the other? Any other comments on the Scorpion Trails regarding adhesion, rideability, wear? Time for new tires on my Stelvio and am considering these.
Hi Chris, I'm not personally running the Trails, but I have put several sets on other L.A. Stelvios... So I can't comment on them outside of fit, which is fine. However, the feedback I have been getting is as good as the Sync's. Always go with a 'V' rating over an 'H.'
For me, I'm in the middle of yet another long story/journey with having two sets of wheels; a rear NTX rim (below) mated to the stock front with Conti TKC's knobbies, and I'm in the middle of an Alpina custom build 3.5x18" for the front to match the 5.5x17" rear.

Keith, the 190 interferes with the hugger?

I was chatting with a guy on a KTM 990 the other day and he raves about those TKC's. Said they're much quieter than you would think on the road, and they handle reasonably well on the asphalt.

No to just order the NTX wheel..... :|

Hi, guys, just finished off a front Pirelli at 7800-ish with the 2nd rear on the way out. Decided to go for Dunlop Roadsmarts as I don't ride off-road and they've recently brought out a 110/80/19 front. Apart from some sideways action pulling away from the fitter (too much right hand) they've been fine today. After 40 miles or so I'm 3-5mm from the right edge and about 10-15 from the left. They feel very planted, but with a rather neutral feel after the block-tread scorpions.

Anyone else out there with pure road tyres on the thing?

Attachments

• Image0099.jpg
    Image0099.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 607
  • Image0102.jpg
    Image0102.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 607
notasweetman

Great to hear they added the matching front. I've used up the original syncs, Conti Road Attacks, a Pilot Road rear ("old" style) with a Road Attack front and waiting for a set of the new Scorpion Trails to be delivered. I ride a many miles of paved and gravel road, but no trails so I've never had problems with any tire with that limited "off road" demand.

BTW, all those above tires did well with wear to the edge in the rear and within 3-5 mm on front. I put the Mich Road on mid trip and it lasted 10K with high temps, heavy load, plenty of high speeds, etc. Not the newest tech tire, but it's a work horse. Contemplated getting the matchng front, but it appears to be no longer avaiable and the Pilot Road 2 is not in our size.

Be good to hear how these treat you.

Safe travels!

Unfortunately as of right now, the 110/80-19 Roadsmart is *not* available in North America. Perhaps they could imported for a cost.

It can't cost Dunlop anymore to add a stack of them with the rest of their tires being delivered here, wonder why not? After I posted the above reply my new Pirelli Trails had arrived. I put em on and they look great with no problems fitting the 190 rear. Saturday will be my first chance to ride on them and I'll post up how they scrub in.

Cheers

Back