• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Kamloops to Princeton, B. C. on Hwy 5a

bb49

Tuned and Synch'ed
Finally Mother Nature has briefly smiled down on us and she parted the clouds long enough to do a very nice ride today.

First things first, pump up the tires. The bike hadn't moved for two weeks.
IMG 5249

Then off to Costco to fuel up and we're off.
Highway 5a runs from Kamloops through the town of Merritt and then south to Princeton, BC. The first half it runs along side numerous lakes and rolling hills, perfect for cattle ranching.

The turn-off to Stump Lake Ranch. Circa 1883
IMG 5251

Quilchena Hotel, circa 1905
IMG 5253

South of Merritt the countryside changes. Less open country, more trees and more curves. Yahoo.
Some nice curves coming up.
IMG 5254

200 Kms later, I've reached my destination. The A & W at Princeton. Consistently good burgers. And coffee too!
IMG 5256

Some old technology outside Princeton. I didn't even know they had an airport!
IMG 5257

And then it's time to head home.

A brief stop to stretch the legs and take in the long overdue warmth.
IMG 5259

An old church just north of Merritt.
IMG 5261

The hills are finally greening up. No shortage of rain for that, just too bloody cold until now.
IMG 5266

Shumway Lake. Last stop before home.
IMG 5272

Home, and this is what greeted me. Thought I would one-up you Bill Hagan!;)
IMG 5273

400 kms of riding, some crazy kids at the house, and I deserve this.
IMG 5275

Highway 5a is one of my favourites. Very little traffic, great scenery, smooth pavement and simply a great motorcycle road. Got to do it a couple of times a year.

I miss that stretch of hwy! I did it monthly. Start in Surrey taking the 1 and go through to Kelowna up to Vernon for the night and then up to Kamloops and back into Surrey. Catch the ferry to BC Island and go from Victoria up to Campbell River back down to Nanaimo and then down to Seattle to catch my flight home to Southern Ca.

The 5 and 5a is very nice and I do really miss it. Some of the best, peaceful, most beautiful stretch of highways I've been on. But it's not curvy enough for me on a bike.

Just saw this.

Very nice photos.

Will have to visit Google and wander around maps and pix to get a better feel of where all that is. I've been to Vancouver and "lower" B.C. a bit, and spent a month in Edmonton in a universe far away -- I shook Princess Diana's hand then, but that's another story :clap: -- but have little knowledge of that part of (y)our world.

As for one-upping me, cute (seriously), but we have 13 of the little creatures (ages 1 thru 10!) and we might have to start a new thread. :rofl:

Off now to kill Allegheny mound ants by the bazillon. Pix of last year, below. Kathi has her priorities and I must obey. :inlove:

i-2h7nhc9-L.jpg

i-PtCgKPv-L.jpg

How's that for thread drift? :giggle:

Seriously, thanks for posting yours. I really enjoy other folks' ride pix and stories.

Bill

Back