Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Knight Designs Lowered Pegs

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by decotriumph, Aug 20, 2017.

1. decotriumph

decotriumph Tuned and Synch'ed

With a 34" inseam and a bum left leg, sometimes the peg-to-seat distance on my Stelvio was a little too tight in that it forced me to bend my left leg a little more than was comfortable on an otherwise extremely comfortable motorcycle. It wasn't the case every day, but sometimes. So, I ordered a set of Knight Design lowered foot pegs (1-3/8 inches lower) and their lowered toe pegs to go with them. I finally got around to putting them on last night. I like 'em! They give me the relief I need and they are really nicely crafted.

I spent over an hour looking for the retaining clip that went sailing across the garage floor when I took the old right peg off since I needed it to install the new ones! I finally found it. Good thing as there was nowhere in my town to get one on a Saturday night!

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

2. Norm B.

Norm B. Just got it firing!

Nice, I would like to do the same for my Griso. Thanks for the photos.

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Oh the irony... I sold those here on this site for almost 4 years... never a post like this on them. I pulled them because people seem to go around me to buy them anyway, and the posts start flowing. Oy.

Robert Gibson likes this.
  4. timax

timax Tuned and Synch'ed

I have them on my V7 also.
    Havnt scraped them yet and made a huge difference for my comfort.

5. decotriumph

Isn't that always the way? I checked and double-checked to see if you had them before I ordered. I would have rather given you the biz, Todd.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. gimpo

gimpo Cruisin' Guzzisti

OMG!
    I was searching something like that lowered lever tips for long time!
    I'm going to order it immediately, I hope that they can ship them to Europe.

Thanks Decotriumph! :clap:

7. gimpo

gimpo Cruisin' Guzzisti

8. decotriumph

9. not-fishing

not-fishing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I've been using the knight designs pegs now for 20,000 miles on my Griso and one of the things I've noticed is you have to point your foot inward to pickup the shifter. Going down is not hard just going up. When my 22 year old son rides the Griso he has a real problem with it. I attribute it to a "spreading effect" of the drop pegs.

I don't know how stock pegs work because I've never used them.

10. decotriumph

I haven't noticed any problem and I went straight from the stock ones to the KD. Do you have the dropped shifter peg, too?

11. decotriumph

I compared the stock shifter and brake pegs to the Knight Design ones today. The Knight Design pegs are about 3/8" longer than the stock ones.

12. gimpo

gimpo Cruisin' Guzzisti

The arm of the pegs from MFW can be rotated, so you can move them a little forward/backward.

13. decotriumph

So can the KD ones.

14. gimpo

gimpo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Do you mean the tip or the peg rest? As I see from the second photo you posted, the peg is in a fixed position. I'm missing something?

15. decotriumph

The shifter peg.

16. not-fishing

not-fishing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I have the rotate-able toe piece.

What I'm talking about is the spread (called Q-factor on bicycles) between the pegs. With stock pegs and gripping the sides of the bike (I ride that way from horses) your boots are more inboard so the extension of the toe peg is enough. With the knight system you're forced to be outside of the drop portion which spreads your feet another inch on each side. I was looking at extending the shifter peg by drilling, tapping and adding a bolt but now I think I'll just get some aluminum straight pegs and see how they work.

17. gimpo

gimpo Cruisin' Guzzisti

The same happens even with the Touratech pegs (the ones I've used until now).

I think it depends also from how much "large" is your body. Or I'm wrong?