Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Kuryakyn Momentum Outrider Saddlebags

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by chimmu, Aug 30, 2021.

1. chimmu

chimmu Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi, Does anyone have these on their Cal 1400 Custom? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

If want quick access to items under the seat, these type of bag mounts are a pain.

3. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

I use something very similar from T-bags (on my 2018 Eldorado) and I found it necessary to fabricate a couple of
    plates to keep them from rubbing (fenders , wheels etc.) . Easy to remove for shorter rides . Peter

4. chimmu

Thanks. I'm considering them as I don't need that much storage more than 80 or 90% of the time :)

5. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

6. chimmu

Thanks...I have seen it before but was not sure if it fits a 2017 Touring. Some of the accessories don't include 2017 T and later models and hence the hesitation.

kiwi dave likes this.
  7. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

The Touring already comes with panniers, I thought? Have you lost yours?

8. chimmu

Yes they do and I got them taken off. I'm looking for something which can be put on and off easily.

9. chimmu

I ended up buying and using them on a 950mi trip... I'm happy with them. It's definitely smaller than the original panniers.

upload_2021-9-10_8-54-49.png

upload_2021-9-10_8-55-27.png

RodgerMillan, John L and Skip Stauber like this.
  10. Skip Stauber

Skip Stauber Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

That looks great!!! I think you made a good choice. Soft luggage is lighter easer to deal with, drop it, toss it anywhere and not a big deal. The trick is just setting up the right mounting system. I run with a similar set-up, except there Vetter soft side bags which I purchased new 50 years ago and still in good shape and use them all the time, and also have the large Vetter tank bag. Ride Safe

chimmu likes this.
  11. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

They look great and practical. I have a Eldorado and use a Kriega 30 litre bag strapped to the passenger seat whenever on a tour and add two 10 litre ones to the side of the 30 litre if needed, it does become cumbersome. I would love to have a go these saddle bags but nothing permanent like C bows etc. I like the Eldo lines as they are.
    How do these attach or hang so that they don't slip to one side? How do you keep them from chaffing the mudguard. Whilst these are for the Custom your comments would be of much help to see how would they go on a Eldo.

Cheers

12. chimmu

I took them off recently and I don't have a picture. It should fit much better on the Eldo as the passenger seat is much narrower. I used all the 6 straps and the Velcro overlap. The Velcro in my case did not have a lot of overlap as the seat is very wide. The rear shock did touch the bags and I did not do anything for the mudguards. Maybe I should but I did not see much friction between them to worry about.

Attached Files:

13. RodgerMillan

RodgerMillan Just got it firing!

Does having the MC full of luggage, can cause issues in bike handling, wobble issues in heavy winds and bad weather?

14. chimmu

Sorry, can't comment as I did not have that much load or ride in bad weather.

upload_2021-10-11_8-58-53.png

RodgerMillan likes this.
  15. RodgerMillan

Thanks, chimmu!

16. RodgerMillan

I've looked around the web and I think I've found something lighter in weight, weather resistance, so that It'll much easier for me to carry luggage in hard wind and weather. Just wanted to know which of following would best suits the guzzi:

1. https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/body-n-bags/products/h-b-legacy-courier-bags ($249.50) couldn't be able to find that how'll I set them up. Do I have to buy any mountings separately?
    Also, they've very expensive products on there, does anyone know a good place with lower pricings?

2. https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-bonafide-large-brown-motorcycle-cafe-racer-saddlebags/ ($119.99) found a videos on how they'll be mounted it's pretty easy to set them up. also, the guy have talked about the quality too and it seems of good quality. Just wanna know has anyone tried them on Guzzi?

Which is gonna be the best for my guzzi v7 iii? would appreciate any help or recommendations.

17. Moto-Uno

It might get more responses if you were to post this on the V-7 based posts and , or forums :) . Peter

18. RodgerMillan

Hi, Moto. Thanks any way, however, I haven't found anything that's saying you have to post specific about any model of guzzi, here on this forum. Cheers!

19. Moto-Uno

I think you misinterpreted my intention , it had nothing to do with where you had to post, more to do with
    helping you get more responses , there are a lot more v7 owners than 1400 owners and hence a better chance
    getting answers . Hope that's a bit clearer :) .
    Peter