• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Let there be light - Spot lights that is...

Trophy900

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi All,
I wanted to add some auxiliary lighting to better light the way out here in the country. Last year I had a deer strike while traveling in Vermont on my C14 (totaled it) and since have been a little more proactive. In that thought I have added some extra candle power to the 'ol Stelvio. I went with high power LED for durability and low power consumption.
Anyway, I've attached a couple of photos and a drawing of the mounting I made.
Jeff

Attachments

• Stelvio 4-10-11 002.JPG
    Stelvio 4-10-11 002.JPG
    943 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Stelvio 4-10-11 003.JPG
    Stelvio 4-10-11 003.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,333
  • Stelvio Spot Lamp Mount.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Stelvio 4-10-11 004.JPG
    Stelvio 4-10-11 004.JPG
    854.9 KB · Views: 1,332
Jeff, thank you for posting the schematic of your light bracket. My dealer's brother-in-law has a machine shop and was able to fabricate a bracket for me using your dimensions. I re-located my Piaa 1100X lights from where I had them on the engine guards. I was not happy with the previous location of my lights, as they were very vulnerable to damage in the event of a tipover. This is much better.
Cheers,
Bruce

Attachments

• IMG00174-20110218-1707.jpg
    IMG00174-20110218-1707.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Stelvio Piaa IMG-20110430-00067.jpg
    Stelvio Piaa IMG-20110430-00067.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,143
coastriderwest said:
Very neat solution for the light mounting, i came across these light units from a UK supplier has any one else tried or seen them, the price looks to good to be true.
http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-cree- ... ights.html

I really like the new LED technology, but you really have to be careful. On that web site you'll notice that these lights are only putting out 290 lumens. The ones that you see in my photos are 1500 lumens. As a comparison 55W halogen lights are 850 and HID are 3500. The thing I really like about the new LED lights are they use very little power. The ones I have only use .85 amps - the 55W halogen lights a mentioned a minute ago use 4.6! Back to being careful - I started out with a set of auto parts store specials and I couldn't even tell when I turned them on!

Bruce - glad you were able to make use of the mount drawing!

Jeff

Trophy900 said:
coastriderwest said:
Very neat solution for the light mounting, i came across these light units from a UK supplier has any one else tried or seen them, the price looks to good to be true.
http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-cree- ... ights.html

I really like the new LED technology, but you really have to be careful. On that web site you'll notice that these lights are only putting out 290 lumens. The ones that you see in my photos are 1500 lumens. As a comparison 55W halogen lights are 850 and HID are 3500. The thing I really like about the new LED lights are they use very little power. The ones I have only use .85 amps - the 55W halogen lights a mentioned a minute ago use 4.6! Back to being careful - I started out with a set of auto parts store specials and I couldn't even tell when I turned them on!

Bruce - glad you were able to make use of the mount drawing!

Jeff

Jeff, I am really happy to have my Piaa lights located where they are on the new mount, safely tucked up out of harm's way. Like so many brilliant ideas, :idea: yours was simplicity itself. The mount looks good, was inexpensive to make, and is very functional and effective. Well done, sir!

Thanks again,

Bruce

I have look for some time to fit spot's to the front of my stelvio
Jeff' s design is beautifully simple and get the fittings out of
harms way .
Intergrated into the bike compared to addons on the crash bars.

WELL
Is there anyone else like me ?
I asked Jeff if I could reproduce his SPOT LIGHT MOUNT
This is not a bussines for me and I do not wish to profit from it
I am going to have ten made in lazer cut Stainless steel 316 marine qualitity
because ss is stiffer and stronger than Aluminium I have ordered 3mm thick
it wieghts 600gram(20oz) similar to the Aluminium
If anyone is interested
THE actual cost of each peace is $31 usd
once the item is made I'll measure up the length of the mounting scews , to
see if the existing ones will work or need new and get these too . to make a complete kit

john

$31 usd
$22 euro
$30 au
20 UKpounds

20boronia said:
I have look for some time to fit spot's to the front of my stelvio
Jeff' s design is beautifully simple and get the fittings out of
harms way .
Intergrated into the bike compared to addons on the crash bars.

WELL
Is there anyone else like me ?
I asked Jeff if I could reproduce his SPOT LIGHT MOUNT
This is not a bussines for me and I do not wish to profit from it
I am going to have ten made in lazer cut Stainless steel 316 marine qualitity
because ss is stiffer and stronger than Aluminium I have ordered 3mm thick
it wieghts 600gram(20oz) similar to the Aluminium
If anyone is interested
THE actual cost of each peace is $31 usd
once the item is made I'll measure up the length of the mounting scews , to
see if the existing ones will work or need new and get these too . to make a complete kit

john

$31 usd
$22 euro
$30 au
20 UKpounds
20boroniaJust got it firing! Posts: 9Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 am

me. I'm in for one :D

Lannis said:
kmartin said:
I'll take one also.

Keith

I'm in too! I'd like to mount some lights that way.

Lannis

You will all be very happy with the lights mounted in this location. Here is how they look. This pic was taken on a ride during the recent Western NY Moto Guzzi Rally. My buddy Hoovy is behind me on his Norge, which itself has very good lighting, but pales in comparison to the current lighting array on my Stelvio.

Cheers,

Bruce

Attachments

• Stelvio Western NY MG Rally re-sized DSCN1330-1.JPG
    Stelvio Western NY MG Rally re-sized DSCN1330-1.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 496
I'd be interested in the mount as well. I'd like to hang a big honkin' pair of PIAA's up there to augment the lighting from the factory Hella aux. lights that came on the bike.

Back