Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Lifting V7 Stone III

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Mikael Weiss, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Mikael Weiss

Mikael Weiss Just got it firing!

I didn't even notice that blurb... but you're correct, it is the wrong description! The stand does not move anywhere while the bike is on it and there is no "foot pedal". Definitely just rollers that you push the bike onto and voila, the wheel is free to turn.

2. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

That's what I meant. :D

3. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

I can see how you could rotate this with one stand, but don’t see how it would work with both ends on stands ?
    On one stand can you move it straight back and forth ?
    ( have you got these or found something that looked interesting ;) )

4. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

I’m looking at this type of lift to get the bike off the ground a bit for any servicing.
    I wasn’t sure what kind of contact it would make with the frame/exhaust/engine...
    I’m expecting to have to do some McGyvering to have it lift safely and without damaging anything.

5. Garth Weston

Garth Weston Just got it firing!

The adaptor I made contacts the rear frame crossbar and the rear of the oil pan.
    It clears the exhaust.

Wildroamer likes this.
  6. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Mechanochondriasism GT di Razza Pura

Stein Dinse? I haven't tried it yet, the front post looks a little dicey but I've got to tackle the fork kit sooner or later.
    [​IMG]

Hippo-Drones likes this.
  7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

There is always the Pit Bull produce made in the US. pit-bull.com

8. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Ok - Now i'm trying to figure out how to lift the front end of the bike. :eek:
    Looking around under the bike there is No Way to make something that will lift it by the frame tubes out front.
    I'm not keen on just using a jack under the finned pan and its Not really Flat under there?

So what do All Y'all use ?

9. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

This should work just fine. pit-bull.com/makes-and-models/moto-guzzi-motorcycles/moto-guzzi-v7-racer

Mayakovski likes this.
  10. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

indeed that would work - I should have been more specific - sorry
    I am looking to Lift the front off the ground to work on the wheel / brakes / forks.

One of the lift kits / stands from the EU was centered enough that you could easily lift the front / and rest the back tire on the ground and had a little "thing" that they supplied that you could put under the Pan to hold the front wheel off the ground.

So I'm thinking - I could back the bike into the stand I bought - attach it to the D Rings I put in the wall :) - but I don't know if my cradle will lift the front end ? It is located where the center stand mounts.

So I'm looking for options.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  11. Louisv97

Louisv97 Cruisin' Guzzisti

I lift my III with a pitbull stand. I use a motorcycle scissor jack, center the smaller adjustable lifts, then place a large car jack pad on top, then lift in the center of the oil pan with no issues at all.

DeadEye likes this.
  12. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have one of these and used it today, really easy to use and nice and stable

13. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Yes ! that's the one I saw !
    DOH !
    SMTCapeCod posted it above !!!

There are none so Blind as those who WILL NOT SEE - ( pointing to Self ) :rofl:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Hippo-Drones likes this.
  14. tris

tris Tuned and Synch'ed

Garth, have you got any dimensions for your adaptor?

I need something similar for my V9 so if you have it would save me crawling around under the bike trying to measure it all up

Cheers

15. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Mechanochondriasism GT di Razza Pura

Have to admit that I haven't tried mine yet. Looks somewhat intuitive, but the (translated) instructions are less clear.

Attached Files:

16. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

It was so difficult to chose my favorite sentence from the translation :rofl:

“Do not jack up alone. Basically, let yourself be carried away by a second”

My father in law would occasionally get a part or tool from the Far East, some of the translations were hilarious !

17. James Dixon

James Dixon Just got it firing!

So, do you think this rollerstand would work well with a front wheel chock? I'm thinking of a wheel chock for the front and then this rollastand for turning the wheel to adjust valves when needed? I don't have much use to buy a rear stand to lift the back of the bike up as I don't think I would ever attempt to remove the rear wheel. Nice that it's in Canada and a fair price as well.

thanks
    James

18. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Made one to lift the back:
    And another for the front

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Hippo-Drones likes this.
  19. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Just got it firing!

A center stand, a scissors jack, and some 2x4 wood blocks will get the whole bike off the ground. These are real work-savers and you’ll use them over and over. It’s worth the bucks...

john zibell likes this.
  20. kenrover

kenrover Tuned and Synch'ed

The very reason I fitted a centre stand early on in my ownership. Back wheel much easier; Front is a block of wood and a trolley jack. This also makes for much easier cleaning and maintenance.

Sheepdog, andyalp and john zibell like this.