• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lil Breva stumbling issue - solution?

Eric

Just got it firing!
Some of you may remember my problems with Lori's lil Breva stumbling, losing power and surging. I replaced the computer, the tps and did the holy trinity of tps reset, balance and idle set, along with changing fuel filter, drilling out plugged drain hoses blah blah blah. Last week I was getting ready to winterize it perhaps to never take it out again. I rode it the 10 miles into town to fill up with non-ethanol gas and add some stabilizer and get it hot enough to change the oil. It was nearly unrideable. On the lift after the oil change, I was checking fuel lines. I had removed the right injector when I replaced the TPS and I noticed that the left one didn't look quite the same. I removed the screw which was terribly tight like there was pressure pushing up on the screw as I removed it. There is a boot at the end of the fuel line that the injector sits in sealed with an O ring around the injector. When the screw came out the injector popped out the the boot and fuel emptied out of the the line. This didn't happen on the right injector. It seems as though the O ring was not seated in the boot as deeply as the other. I reseated it by pushing it into the boot quite hard, put it back together and took it out for a 25 mile spin. It ran like it never has before. As smooth as my Norge. No vibration. No hiccups. No surge. Lori took it out for another 25 mile run yesterday. Ran like a dream. Could air have been sucked into the injector if it was not seated properly in the boot at the fuel supply end? It has run ok before and then started giving problems again, but it has never run this well and considering it was all but unrideable only an hour or two before the first good run, I'm optimistic. Thoughts?

We had a thread on here about Breva 750 hickups, not long ago. Lots of symptoms, lots of solutions, none of which appeared to be definite/permanent. Let's hope in your case it will be!

I think that was Eric's thread. It sounds like you found the problem, if so you basically have a new bike. :cool:

There has been a few threads on this topic and lots of help. That's why this is such a great community and that's why I thought I'd post this possible solution. I can't say how this happened but, if it is indeed the problem, is it possible that this was just an assembly issue and others might have the same slightly misaligned injector? It's worth looking at, anyway. These things happen on other parts of Guzzis. I'm still trying to get the time to tear off all the plastic on my Norge to put a new sidestand fastener. :lol:

Gotta Love "suck it and see" mechanics, persistence coupled with a dose of luck IME is often better and cheaper than the local mechanic - great news you found the solution.

I know EXACTLY what you feel like.

After a year and a half of various folks farting around with my '07 Breva, nobody could get it running right for any length of time. I discovered the tank suction problem "accidentally" (fooling around with the VTDS "fuel pump test") and after getting it sorted, I finally had the brand new motorcycle I'd saved up for!

Eric said:
There has been a few threads on this topic and lots of help. That's why this is such a great community and that's why I thought I'd post this possible solution. I can't say how this happened but, if it is indeed the problem, is it possible that this was just an assembly issue and others might have the same slightly misaligned injector? It's worth looking at, anyway. These things happen on other parts of Guzzis. I'm still trying to get the time to tear off all the plastic on my Norge to put a new sidestand fastener. :lol:

Thank you for posting.

Properly saved.

Back