• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

LM1 master cylinder res question

Sahms

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I am getting a small seep from between the plastic reservoir and the alloy body of the LeMans' front M/C. Does the clear(ish) plastic bit screw out or is it pressed in? Any tips on stopping the seep short of an 80s wrist sweat band?

TIA

I'm assuming this is the front MC. The F MC with the translucent reservoir was also used on the 1000 SP NT. As far as I can tell it does not screw out. Looks like its pressed in. There is a small vertical groove through the threads that looks like its meat for a spanner tool but I bet the plastic would strip if you tried to spin it off. I think I may still have an old MC unit like this, if I find it I'll give it a whack to open it, but I think I've already thrown it out.

Maybe get a new MC and put the leaky one on a rat bike. One advantage of having a rat bike.

Rafael

Found the old MC, the part number is 10 24 17 00. Cleaned out the reservoir; it appears that the translucent plastic is right hand threaded into place. I wouldn't be surprised if its glued in as well making it impossible to remove. Heat, a vise and a custom made spanner would have to be made if theres a chance of it coming apart. It may be that the best is to try to seal it from the inside by using a brake fluid resistant glue that can wick into the gap between the plastic and the cast body. Make sure the rubber cap seal is in good shape, it was the culprit in my weeping MC.

Good luck. Rafael

Finally got the plastic reservoir off the alloy body, and it was right-hand threaded (but not glued). There's an oring at the bottom that's supposed to seal the body to the reservoir, and it was squashed nearly flat. I had an old rear M/C in my Brembo spares box that had the plastic reservoir removed long ago, but the same oring was still there and was less squashed. Seems to have worked so far!

How did you get the reservoir off? Did you get a measurement of the O-ring to match it in the future with an off the shelf O-ring?

Rafael said:
How did you get the reservoir off? Did you get a measurement of the O-ring to match it in the future with an off the shelf O-ring?

I just man-handled it off with my rag-wrapped muscular hands :roll: (after syringing the fluid out)

I have the oring I took out, and will get a measurement.

Thanks for this. I needed to remove the plastic reservoir on LM II to fix the lever &, becaue I knew what to do, did so with no difficulty.

Back