• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

LM1000/1000s sidestand on LMI

Sahms

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I'd like to use it on my LeMans 1, but I am not sure it it will work with the Lafranconi Competition exhaust and stock pegs, etc. Before I take the exhaust off (major PIA), has anyone been down this road before me?

TIA

Re: LMIII sidestand on LMI

On the LMIII that stand tucks below both the frame rail and exhaust. My LMIII has stock Lafranconi and the stand does not have the long angled extension. The stand mounts to the forward engine bolt and on my LMIII I was able to twist the stand while installing it and did not have to remove the exhaust. Unless your exhaust hangs very low or your mounting it different than the LMIII I would think it would fit.

I can post pictures if you like.

Re: LMIII sidestand on LMI

SED said:
On the LMIII that stand tucks below both the frame rail and exhaust. My LMIII has stock Lafranconi and the stand does not have the long angled extension. The stand mounts to the forward engine bolt and on my LMIII I was able to twist the stand while installing it and did not have to remove the exhaust. Unless your exhaust hangs very low or your mounting it different than the LMIII I would think it would fit.

I can post pictures if you like.

So maybe this is the LM 1000 or 1000S sidestand. It mounts to the two transmission mounting bolts aft of the footpegs.

I am trying to have a sidestand that's better than the one hung off the front motor mount bolt.

Thanks,

Certainly worth a shot, but hopes it works better than how it originally did on my 1000S, where it was basically an implement of the devil because it required you to move the bike past vertical to enable deploy. Especially if you are short, that meant eventually you were going to drop the thing while trying to deploy while off the bike. Fixed by bringing to MG Classics where they heated & bent the thing just a bit to get a slightly better angle, made a huge difference. I bless Mark & Sean every time I put my S on the sidestand. Be careful first couple times you go to use it until you see what's what...

Sahms said:
guzzibob said:
Why not just deploy from the saddle instead of off the bike?

It's been a while, but seems to me that was harder to do until MGC adjusted the thing. Besides, sometimes you forget, just get off the bike, maybe have a seat pack in the way & don't want to get back on-whatever, it was a Murphy's Law kinda thing, I just knew someday I was gonna drop the thing, until they just made it so much easier. Plus as it came the side stand deployed lean angle in off camber/high wind situations just wasn't very confidence inspiring. Adding just a few degrees (10-15?) made the whole thing less of a worry. Obviously it's going to be different on another model, just worth being careful about, right?

I don't have a problem deploying my sidestand on the LM 1000 doing it from the saddle. Having said that I almost never use it because it leaves the bike looking as though it is going to fall if someone breathes on it. If the pavement is a little sloped and higher on the stand side, it's not as bad but then you have to lean it over center farther to get it deployed.

If I was going to add a sidestand to a bike, this would not be the one I would choose.

I have an LM1000 sidestand fitted to my LM2 and in practice it works well - at least as good as the standard sidestand, and the tang allows easy deployment from the saddle (for a short*ss).

The machine is fairly stable on reasonably level surfaces too. If in doubt I use the centre stand.

Hope this helps,

Back