• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Long term gig in San Diego, may need motorcycle storage

radguzzi

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I have an up coming long term job in San Diego, CA starting in Aug and running nearly full time until the first of next year. The thought of being with a m/c for all that time is just killin' me so I am thinking of buying a little m/c to use while out there... Maybe a scooter...? It would really not be cost effective to send one of my own out there.

There will be a stretch of about a month where I will not be there so I will need storage, a place to park it and lock it up really for that time. Not certain as to the location of the apartment that I will be in yet but I will know soon so I do not know whether there is a place lock it up while I'm not there.

I may also call Sonny Angel to ask if he has room but I know that he is trying to retire and close up the Nat'l City Shop.

Thoughts...? Garage space...?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob, welcome in advance. You're going to love it.

You could get a scooter if you have little time outside of work to explore, otherwise get a bike because the roads you'll be exposed to are some of the best in the U.S. Happy to hook you up with the locals to show you around, or I can try to come down and do so myself.

Let us know where you end up getting a place. GP Motorcycles would likely offer you some short term storage if you buy from them, otherwise I'm sure we can find some secure space for you.

Post again.

Hey Todd,
Yeah, I thought of a scooter too, it is looking as if we will be on the job six days a week so I will have some time but not enough to warrant buying a m/c for the twisties. I thought of a dual sport also for the dirt roads and that could be a good in-town ride too.. I dunno.
I'll figure it out when I get settled guess.

I would like to hook up with the SoCal Gang when I get out there... put faces to names.

Thanks, Talk to you soon...
Best,
Rob

iamjim said:

I can find some garage space to slip another bike into for a month or so, no problem.

Jim,
Awesome, not too far out of town too. I'll be sure to have a Kryptonite lock and cover with me then... Oh, and I won't pick up a Gold Wing or anything like that... :)) Hoping to find a rat Hawk GT or something for cheap.

Thanks, keep you posted as we get closer to the first gig.

Best,
Rob

radguzzi said:
iamjim said:

I can find some garage space to slip another bike into for a month or so, no problem.

Jim,
Awesome, not too far out of town too. I'll be sure to have a Kryptonite lock and cover with me then... Oh, and I won't pick up a Gold Wing or anything like that... :)) Hoping to find a rat Hawk GT or something for cheap.

Thanks, keep you posted as we get closer to the first gig.

Best,
Rob

I don't know your definition of cheap, but I may have an '87 Ninja 600 available for either cheap or loan. It should be back running by the end of June, but I wouldn't swear to it.

jdg

jdgretz said:
I don't know your definition of cheap, but I may have an '87 Ninja 600 available for either cheap or loan. It should be back running by the end of June, but I wouldn't swear to it.

jdg

Hey jd,
Yeah, that is exactly what I'm talkin' about.... and I luv cheap... :)

Keep me posted on the progress please...! I'll send you a PM with my home e-dress and primary cell number before I head out.

Thanks,
Rob

Back