• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Look what I found....Green...1000S....1993

Don't sell it. They are getting crazy $ for them. Like $8K-12K. I would ride it & enjoy.

Welcome to the Guzzi family and this forum.

Thanks Steve! Yep, some collector in California made me a soft offer of nearly 20k for the bike and it made me wonder. You can’t find these things apparently. Great story behind the bike.

The 1000S was essentially an unfaired version of my LeMans Mark V, and a very very sweet bike to ride. A friend of mine had one and regrets selling it ... just like I regret selling that LeMans.

The 1000S was essentially an unfaired version of my LeMans Mark V, and a very very sweet bike to ride. A friend of mine had one and regrets selling it ... just like I regret selling that LeMans.

The one in the picture looks like a later one with the mid valve engine, not the LeMans engine. The LeMans engine ones are a really sweat ride. Easier to ride than the LeMans with the wider handle bars.

Tyler, the clue to a LeMans engine is 40MM carbs. It looks like it has the standard 30s. The LeMans engine 1000s still utilized the bell crank system. No matter which engine is in the bike it is a great machine and a blast to ride.

Thanks Steve! Yep, some collector in California made me a soft offer of nearly 20k for the bike and it made me wonder. You can’t find these things apparently. Great story behind the bike.
Would love to hear the story when you find time. What a beauty!!

Lovely bike, very difficult to find in good conditions here in Italy too... I had the former model, the 850-T5 (850cc) with fairing. Had much fun on it.

May very well have the 36. It has been a long time since I laid eyes on one.

Yes, I believe the "mid valve" engine had 36mm carburetors. And slightly smaller valves compared to the garbage can tops that the LeMans 1000 engine had. Which were, frankly, all to the better because the PHF 40mm were a true pain to get jetted just right for the off-idle and lower 1/8 to 1/4 throttle position settings you use in driving so much: They exposed so much surface area and were so big inside that the mixtures simply became inconsistent just off idle. The PHF 36mm carbs were a better balance for the street and gave up very little in top end...

Not that it really mattered on the unfaired model anyway, because aerodynamics simply got in the way and limited top end past about 120 to 125 mph anyway. The LeMans V's frame-mounted half-fairing really worked and let my bike achieve just shy of 135 mph, as I had mine set up (measured at the track with three passes and a radar speed gun). :D

G

My new at the time LM5 caused much forearm and wrist pain due the pumper carbs I converted the carb top slides to the flat tops you see on the 36mm types. A common mod back in the early 90's.
People rave about the big-valve lemans engine. At the time I could not understand why mine made so much top end clatter compared to other less tuned Guzzis I came across. Even Dr John preferred the Mid-Valve motor and given the choice I would too. As I recall mine made far too much mechanical noise. In the end (1995) I part exchanged it for a new MZ Scorpion and was glad to see the back of it.

My new at the time LM5 caused much forearm and wrist pain due the pumper carbs I converted the carb top slides to the flat tops you see on the 36mm types. A common mod back in the early 90's.
People rave about the big-valve lemans engine. At the time I could not understand why mine made so much top end clatter compared to other less tuned Guzzis I came across. Even Dr John preferred the Mid-Valve motor and given the choice I would too. As I recall mine made far too much mechanical noise. In the end (1995) I part exchanged it for a new MZ Scorpion and was glad to see the back of it.
I still have my 1990 LeMans. Still has the bell cranks, but I changed to internal springs. Not as stiff as the external arrangement.

Happy early birthday Ralph.
My post was, of course, a shameless plea for a lovely 1000S for my birthday, which will be #86. I still ride 200 miles a week on my '04 Breva 750 and 2 other residents of my garage. Truth is, I no longer could manage the weight of a "big block" Guzzi, ergo the Breva 750.

"You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding motorcycles".

Ralph

Back