• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking at a 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - I'm not a MG guy but.....

VstronNme

Just got it firing!
Hi I'm new to MGs and would like to know how much a 2007 Norge 1200 would be worth. Any issues with these bikes? It looks like a BMW and I'm trying to stay away from them due to the cost of parts but these might be the same? They look like nice bikes and something you could go in long trips on.

My prior bikes have been a few suzuki DL 650 and 1000s and a Victory CCT. I don't own a bike and can't put too much out for one! :)

Thoughts?

One thing you need to find out is: Has the bike had the cam/rollerization done?
The pre-2013 1200 motors had issues with flat tappets going bad.
That would be the "Big" issue but other than that Guzzi's are an addiction.

07 would be the 2V motor, Good motors! You can pick them up reasonable these days, look around there are nice ones out there. Parts aren't bad, don't need many. They were made in a few colors too, plenty to choose from, good luck.

As Steve says above, pretty solid bikes outside of a few early (mostly red) bikes having an oil pump issue, and an annoying high idle (stepper motor) issue.

Thanks - Is this about the size of a BMW 11000rt? It seems very similar to that bike. I take it they are reliable?

I have one. Love it.

75K miles, nearly all on back roads, two-up, and, while my sweet wife is a delightful companion :inlove: and a slip of a thing :makeup:, on multi-day trips, she lets me have the tank bag; she gets the rest. ;)

And, despite having been an early "victim" of that oil-pump issue Todd mentioned, along with a CARC that went south [Not sure anyone else had that happen], it is a delight.

As far as I am concerned, the more maddening perennially persistent problem was the oil-pressure sensor. I eventually solved that after fixing what everyone correctly told me (and I was in denial) it was the culprit.

As I said, I rarely run the slab, but others who have 'em and do that, tell me that it'll do that all day at illegal speeds, two-up and loaded. The OEM rear shock sux green eggs. R&R'd that with one of Todd's after pivoting on a curvy back road with The Perfect Pillion aboard. Has been a delight since.

[Edited after posting 30 mins ago to add that MG went to a beefier spring in, I think, '08, but did not up-gun shock. If your "fighting weight" is not over 200, the better spring may work for you. May.]

An Atlanta friend of mine has one that he is about to put on the market for <$2K.

No, really. 2008, I think. He is a fanatic about maintenance, but ... erm ... how can I put this candidly and kindly? I can't. :giggle:

He doesn't care about how it looks. It has duct tape on some of its cracked tupperware. Lordy. Makes me weep. :cry:

Feel free to call or email if you want more on firstgen Norges or that one in particular.

Oh, and Jim Barron at Rose Farm Classics is a local source of great Guzzi wisdom for you: http://www.rosefarmclassics.com

Bill

404.EIGHTZEROEIGHT.8486; wrhaganATearthlink.net

Last edited:
Bill - thanks so much of the information. I'm about an hour away from Jim's place so that is awesome. I saw a Norge - they are asking 4300 for it. I'm not made of $$ so I want to get something for $3500 or less. I found a 1992 BMW k75 for $1200 but - there is a problem with the title so - I'm waiting to see if that can get worked out. It has 72k miles on it and I think I want a never bike. Some friends and I are going to Nova Scotia in June so I want something reliable. I had a 2014 Suzuki DL1000 but I sold it to get out of debt. Nice bike. SO I'm looking. :)

I think this is the silver '07 that was on consignment at Moterwerks last year. When I looked at it last year, they couldn't get it started, and passed for a well-sorted '09 with only 10k miles on it - same price. There are a bunch out there, you can afford to be picky Especially this time of year. : ) Once sorted (Jim @ Rosefarms is THE man), they are stone reliable. I put 10k miles on my 'new' used '09 last year, 2-up w/luggage. I'm in N.IL/Chicagoland if you've other questions.

Mike

Last edited:
Back