• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking at a 2012 Norge, advice requested

Should I be concerned about the valvetrain?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Norge_Shopper

Just got it firing!
I found a 2012 white Norge on Cycle Trader, private sale for $5K with 21K miles. The VIN indicates it is in the affected range for the roller lifter issue per the thread on this site. I contacted the seller, who is the original owner. He said the recall was never done, nor was it needed per his MG dealer. I also checked the VIN on MG's site and it does not show as having any open recalls.

It seems like if the bike has gone 21K miles and still runs well, then this should not be an issue.

I'd also like to add a rack and trunk to it, but have not found a good source for doing so, the racks I see listed are either overseas or out of stock.

Any advice on the bike is welcome.

It was not a recall. It was a TSB. The only recall for that bike was the rear suspension wishbone.
MG paid for the new roller cam kit and in some cases the labor I believe. If the bike has not been updated it will fail sooner or later. The only way for the dealer to know for sure is if they took off the valve covers and looked.

That’s the bike in Texas. I was looking at it too but I quickly determined IMO that the current owner is full of crap. He knows exactly what this serious issue is and I guarantee that this is why he is selling it.

It was never a recall so claiming that there is no open campaign. is disingenuous at best, and outright lying at worst.

Read my post on the topic and you will understand. It also has the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) there which you can download and read.

You will be buying an expensive problem to fix. Period. The bike is worth $1,500 to anybody who is not a mechanic. To a mechanic like me, it’s worth no more than $2,000 tops because to repair it (if kits are still even available) is like $1,500 - $2,000 in parts if I remember correctly.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...-tappet-failure-but-were-afraid-to-ask.17282/

Last edited:
Well, I went and actually checked. Kit A, Moto Guzzi part # 1A002060 from one supplier online is $1,226 and is showing backordered. (Edit: GTM sells it much cheaper here in the STORE).

I would bet that it ‘s been backordered for quite some time now and I wouldn’t hold my breath for that backorder to be fulfilled anytime soon, if at all.

As I said earlier, I believe that all of the kits Moto Guzzi had produced, are long gone by now. I could be mistaken but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Well, I went and actually checked. Kit A, Moto Guzzi part # 1A002060 from AF1 Racing is $1,226 and is showing backordered.
I would bet that it ‘s been backordered for quite some time now and I wouldn’t hold my breath for that backorder to be fulfilled anytime soon, if at all.
Well, I sell them here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/1200-8v-roller-cam-update - I’ve gotten and installed two sets within the last month, and a third set on the way within a week of paid order. ;)
To the OP, Scott is spot on otherwise.

So, if you want “That Bike” , you can try explaining it to him, but you can’t make someone believe , something they claim( say they have been told) is not a problem.
And it might not be a problem yet, but who know ? When...

Is this a do it yourself job OR mechanic recommended ?

If your in no hurry, you can wait 6 months and prod him.

Again, I appreciate the shared wisdom. :clap:

In the process of posting here, I found a member less than 4 hours away here in FL that is selling his 2012 that has been confirmed to have been retrofitted. We've communicated & I'm going to look at it next weekend.

Back