• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking Back

P

PP-1753

It's no secret, but I am soon to count my 60th birthday. No biggie, just saying.

If I had my time again:
- I would have purchased every bike that came my way: BSA B34 Goldstar, AJS 350, bucket loads of B40s when they were being disposed of by the Australian Army, the CZs and MZs that nobody wanted, Hodaka Combat Wombat, LeMans Mk3s that were on sale and I had the cash;, Matchless G50, G80
- I would have purchased the two adjoining blocks of land for $8500 each;
- Never married my X;
- Ridden longer, harder and further when I could have;
- Built a bigger shed;
- Invested in more workshop gear;
- Got better organised;
- Never sold my bikes: Suzuki TS 125S, RM 125S, Honda 125 Twin, Yamaha AS3, the 2 BSA Victor GPs (441cc), the BSA Shooting Star (441cc), The GN250 I was happy to let go, the BMW R80 - good reliable but no soul
- All the things I did wrong to others but never apologised or made amends for
- Found and married my wife of 20 years a hell of a lot earlier
- Enjoy every living day, wake up and thank the universe for giving me another shot and celebrate getting through it at the end of the day

Probably more I could add, but hey, I don't want to give everything away just yet...

Fun (bucket) list. I don't have many regrets yet, but I'm still young enough to create a few I guess. I feel lucky bike wise, I really haven't sold any that I wish I hadn't, but perhaps that's just my perspective for right now. Land purchases on the other hand, certainly many. Life has treated me well despite the ups and downs over the years... but for now, like you, I look forward to every day and try to enjoy it. Perhaps once I retire I'll get a chance to slow down a little, though right now it's not looking like it for the long future.
Happy birthday in advance.

Happy birthday Tony. Stay healthy and keep riding! I'm right behind you.

It's nice to see someone write about regrets. We, in the US, have an aversion to regret. I have a few too, try to rectify them when able. One that I don't have, is that I still have most the bikes I've owned. I'm getting to a point where I'm ready to sell. But I don't like the thought of my SP becoming a Cafe bike.

Cheers all - I survived turning 60, the party (what a hoot - just sayin') and did I mention I got 10 different bottles of dark rum - would you believe that! Pissed for a year woo hoo

That's the way, party harder (or smarter) as you age and watch the young ones fail to keep up.

I have few regrets because I'm too busy enjoying the present. What's passed is passed, and the regrets may be different if you'd kept all those toys. Life would have taken a different direction if you'd been a different person. I couldn't imagine being anything other than the aspiring old grump I'm becoming.

happy birthday

Robert

One of my biggest heroes, Malcolm Forbes, when told he should slow down because he was getting older replied "When you get older you have to speed up because there is less time left." (not necessarily and exact quote)

It's no secret, but I am soon to count my 60th birthday. No biggie, just saying.

If I had my time again:...

I understand the nature of your comments, however, WHY do you believe you do not have time? This sounds like a defeatist attitude to me. The best time to get started is NOW.

So, get off your butt and get moving! :eek:

I'm glad you had a good party. Funny how these parties and family holiday dinners become more important as you get older. At my 60th, also this year, I was happy just to see all the kids in one place. My 2nd son has been away for four years in the Marines, his tour of the Sandbox was a most stressful time for me.

I wouldn't change much in my past except maybe buying 3x as much Apple Stock as I did back in '92.

Don't talk to me about Ex's, my only solace is the great kids I got out of the first marriage.

I've heard others talk of a "Bucket List" but for me it's more of a Pail.

First on my list was to make a trip to LA and pick up a Griso which I did this summer. Next will be to wear it out traveling the West Coast.

It's really strange to be able to say the last time I visited Vancouver, BC was when the Worlds Fair was there.

Hey Tony, don't burden yourself with all that refined molasses, we can share the load. What are friends for?

Plenty of grog means you have plenty of friends right? You might have to wait until April Wayne.

Back