Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Looking for a service tech in NC

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by ncdragster, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ncdragster

ncdragster Just got it firing!

Hello,
    New to the board. I am looking at getting a 2007 Griso. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good mechanic in the central (Raleigh) North Carolina area. I plan to do most of my own work, but it would be nice to know there is a qualified, trustworthy tech in the area if needed.
    Thanks!

2. Jpcarter

Jpcarter Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Did you ever find anyone? I just picked up a v7iii rough from team Charlotte motorsports. They have Guzzi and aprilla and I’m guessing a Guzzi tech. But I’m closer to Raleigh than Charlotte.

3. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

who did u deal with there and how was the experience. I'm going to price a V85 there and Atlanta seeing as I do my own work and doubt either will be still selling Guzzi there in 12 months.

4. ncdragster

ncdragster Just got it firing!

No, I never did find anyone. The Charlotte dealer seems to be the closest, but I have no idea about their service department.

5. Jpcarter

The guy I worked with was named don or dan, I can’t remember exactly. He was just a sales man that had helped me when I called about the rough, nice enough fella, he was from the same part of New York as my wife so I built some rapport there. But In the shop they have the main rep, I think Todd is his name, older gentleman who used to work at Matthews fun cycles which was a Guzzi dealer for a long time. Super helpful guys.

Virginia also has a ton of Guzzi dealers. They were super aggressive on the sales side though and not willing to work to much.

Team Charlotte motorsports has at least 5 v85tts on the floor though.

6. vagrant

Good to know. Any chance it was Tee? thanks.

7. Jpcarter

Tee does sound right actually. 60ish about 5’10 white hair.

8. Jpcarter

Does anyone in the N.C. area know of any Guzzi groups that do events or meet ups?

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Old info, but might still be valid; http://mgnoc.com/club_meetings_and_rides.html

Also on the Calendar...
    JULY 31, AUGUST 1, 2 NORTH CAROLINA MOTO GUZZI RALLY Blue Ridge Motor Cycle Campground, 59 Motorcycle Drive, U.S. Highway 276 Cruso, North Carolina. Awards? Door prizes? Guzzi grins, and salutations. Disregard the weather forecast, two years ago there 100% chance for rain and it rained twice and we had 6 people show up, we usually have around 80. 828-235-8350. Call for cabin reservation. Hope to see you there. Mark/ Barbara.

10. vagrant

For sure go to the Blue ridge cmp out. Great group who welcome everybody and a really nice campground.