Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Looking for Pics Lemans with Racing Kit

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Tonerjockey, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Hi,

I am considering building up a 1976 Lemans 850 to run Land Speed Racing. The class will be Production. This means everything about the bike has to be "stock" looking.
    The carbs I would like to use are the PHM40 Dell'Orto.
    These were available, I understand, in the racing kit... at the time. Since the kit was available from Guzzi, and the kit was installed by Guzzi (I believe), the carbs can be used in my Production class... if there is authoritive documentation.
    Now the problem...
    Pictures of the PHM40's installed in a 850 Lemans are needed. I have found written info in Falloon's Bible explaining the kit etc but no pics.

Does anyone know where I can find photographic "proof" of the PHM40 install? Anyone have pictures of a 850 Lemans with PHM40's?

This should be fun...

Thanx,

Alex

2. guzzigray

guzzigray Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

3. Tonerjockey

Hmmmm cool article. I like the way the carbs are mounted but it isn't exactly what I was looking for.
    Thanks tho.
    Looking for a Guzzi article or advertising showing the PHM40's.
    I wonder if Guzzi ever advertised the racing kit.
    Alex

groundhog105 likes this.
  4. guzzigray

guzzigray Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I'm a little confused. You asked for pictures of a Lemans 850with 40mm carbs installed. The article I linked to is a factory Guzzi 850 production racer with 40mm carbs (also identifiable by the lack of chokes).

Your original post asked for photographic proof. Now you're asking for Guzzi advertising.

Maybe you could be clearer so people don't waste their time helping you......

5. Jan van Dooren

Jan van Dooren Just got it firing!

6. Tonerjockey

Hey Jan,

Good stuff!
    Thanks,

Alex

7. Chris R

Chris R Cruisin' Guzzisti

8. Tonerjockey

Hey Chris,
    I have that manual and have gone through it but on re-reading it Ithink I could use the manual as "proof" to the inspectors.
    Also, I like the section on balancing the crank.
    Thanx for the post,

Alex