• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lots of parts on ebay (USA)

marcus_b

Tuned and Synch'ed
Nothing to do with me but if anyone is after parts for there 1100 griso there is a bike currently being broken with its parts listed on ebay.com

Hopefully this will be of use to someone.

Looks to be Porterhouse's Gris.
Sorry to see it totaled:( Hope you're OK Porterhouse & have a new one being prepped

I'm bidding on parts I need/want. I'd like it all, but my Griso's been so reliable its hard to spend money on spare parts that might not be needed.

By the way PH, did you at least get a few steaks out of the deal??:p Seems only fair after having a ride interrupted that way

I'd say likely not his, unless they paid to ship it from Washington State to Ohio.

If anyone here is going to bid on anything there, post here so we aren't biding against each other. I will likely bid on a few things, just not sure what yet.

YBFAST wrote:
Looks to be Porterhouse's Gris.
Sorry to see it totaled:( Hope you're OK Porterhouse & have a new one being prepped

I'm bidding on parts I need/want. I'd like it all, but my Griso's been so reliable its hard to spend money on spare parts that might not be needed.

By the way PH, did you at least get a few steaks out of the deal??:p Seems only fair after having a ride interrupted that way

When I first saw those parts as they came on ebay I wondered myself. It was soon obvious that is was not my bike Several parts were available that were damaged or destroyed in my crash, most notably master cylinders and foot controls.

I'm on the mend and getting closer to normal every week. I have surgery scheduled on 3/2 to remove some hardware in my wrist which should make a big difference. Thanks for asking.

My friend Pedro was able to talk the Fish and Game guys out of a tenderloin right there on the highway. It sits in Greg's freezer still if I can bring myself to eat a piece of that poor beast.

Good luck to all who are bidding. I should have a replacement back in my garage as soon I can figure out how much throttle-wrist I will get back.

SDC10011.JPG

guzzi jon wrote:
I'm bidding on a number of bits for both me and roper under my ebay name oldguzzi...
Post what you're bidding on Jon/all, so we don't bump the bids on each other.

as YBADE111 I'm bidding on the seat pan to modify

Won the bid... the project begins:)

I need the rear brake lever (guess Jon is the bidder) and the Front brake lever (dont need the mangled master cyl just the lever!)

I usually wait till the closing day to bid. Jon how bad you need that foot brake?

Mine is bent but usable from a fallover (same with my front lever)...

I may bid on the clutch lever and reservoir - and the left side control switch gear to put my bike back together.

These parts are from my Griso!!!

I was fooled at first as they were selling parts that were broken on my bike, but upon further investigation they are one in the same.

Here is my front brake master cylinder with the hook and loop fastener on top for my radar detector:

275.jpg

That's provenance!

I had to look closer once I saw that the wheels had the same tires on them that mine did. Pirelli Diablo Strada on the rear and Diablo Rosso on the front.

So for those wondering, the bike had somewhere between 9.5-10K miles on it.

The saddle that was won has a tear on the pillion half from flipping in the crash.

The took my steak stickers off of the side cowls... No accounting for taste!

I may have to go back after some of the remaining stuff just because...

- SD

SD - (Porterhouse),

I ended up with a few of your parts from the auction... I hope to give them good service. When I put my bike back together I will post some pice with your parts included.

I hope you are on the mend and can get back in the saddle - I am nursing a couple broken ribs that are truly bedeviling....

Hey there Uncle,

Glad to hear that you will be placing some of the bits back into service. Some of the parts were virtually new as I had cannibalized all of the salvageable aftermarket parts and had replaced them with the stockers.

The following parts were on the bike for only its first hundred miles or so and were not involved in the crash:

1. The big-ass Griso muffler
2. The brake and clutch levers
3. The bar end weights
4. The rear fender/license plate light

Additional disclosure on other parts: The exhaust system was ceramic coated by Performance Coatings in Auburn, WA. The right front brake caliper had at least one sheared off mounting bolt. The steering head limiter tabs were sheared off of the frame - the frame also had small kinks in it where the front end bounced off each sided a few times. The right front cowling had a broken tab holding the two parts together. There may have been other post-crash issues that I am forgetting, but it ran like a top before tumbling down the highway at 60-65... Those Grisos are tough mothers.

Sorry to hear about your mishap as well - busted up ribs sure make life miserable for a while. Bet you never thought just rolling out of bed could be such a chore. No damage to your left wing?

Anyway, glad to see that a lot of my old bike is getting back onto the road. If anyone has any questions about parts they bought or are thinking of buying just let me know. Hopefully I'll have my replacement Griso by March or April - I might even pick up a few of those spare parts as well as I'm familiar from whence they came.

I hope you and your bike heal quickly.

SD

Back