Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

louder pipes

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by treetop flyer, Dec 6, 2016.

1. treetop flyer

treetop flyer Just got it firing!

anybody put a set of minstrel slip ons on there 1400 cali,if so was it hard to get the stock mufflers off.

2. roadventure

roadventure GT Reference GT Famiglia

I did. I had the Mistral Carbon mufflers. Very nice and light weight. But, I ended up selling them and putting the stock mufflers back on. Even with the DB Killers in place they were a bit too loud for me.

The mufflers are not difficult to get off. But, be careful with the "buttery soft" screws that MG uses. You can strip the heads out with not too much effort.

3. James Chance

James Chance Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey Treetop,

I have a pair of the Mistrals. Like he said above, probably 20 pounds lighter (I got the Stainless version). Make no mistake, for something not touted as a "performance" part, they are damn loud, even with the db killers. BUT... They've grown on me, and I find I like the sound they make at highway speeds. I've not had the db killers out for any length of time, as the fuelling is definitely way into the lean side. While Todd here offers a solution, I haven't been able to scrape enough sheckels together to acquire one yet... ;-)

Yes, the muffler clamps were a pain. Overnight soaking with generous application of WD40, and a large pair of soft-jawed Channel Locks (I just wrapped a t-shirt around the pipe), and the Channel Locks on top of that. A bang or two with a rubber mallet, and off they came...

4. chrisjoffe

chrisjoffe Just got it firing!

As an alternative, my bike came with Agostinis but without the dbKillers. It was really loud. I just got the dbKillers and installed them and I'm really happy with the deep tone now. The dbKillers look like they won't do much but they really do.

5. helmerson

helmerson Just got it firing!

2nd that. Louder, deeper, meaner, but not too loud.

6. janusz

janusz Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Couple weeks ago my dealer installed Agostini pipes and removed db killers. It was very loud, obnoxious actually. I put them back in as soon as I got home and I like the sound very much.

7. treetop flyer

treetop flyer Just got it firing!

Omg love thoses mistral pipes they sound awsome!!

8. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Slip-on mufflers are a sure way to lose weight and gain sound... which is all personal preference. I have always been a show me what they do on paper kind of guy, that and I tired of high-priced aftermarket parts falling apart in short order. I build and offer 100% hand-made USA pipes on this site with dyno-proven gains shown here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gt-rx-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/ -- do they? Easy to pretend or be ignorant on what is happening inside your engine.

I'll have the pics up soon on my newest offerings. First full system shown below.

IMG_0744.JPG

9. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson High Miler GT Contributor

Personally speaking when I spend my hard earned cash I prefer functionality over form, although we do like a bit of bling. Love the look of the Mistrals but not a fan of the Agostini's however, each to their own. If I lived in the states for me it's a no brainer, the above is the dogs bollocks as is the Gt-Rx slip ons, IMHO a quality home produced products at a competitive prices, more importantly TESTED to give performance gains. I for one am fed up buying products from manufacturers with the sell and forget, don't give a sh1t attitude.
    Now, where did I put my lottery ticket.

GTM® likes this.
  10. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

I second the Agostinis WITH the db killers....I opted for them on my Eldo.....sound very authoritative....sort of 'not have to prove anything but you know who's the boss rumble' :cool: