• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

lowering of a Breva 750

sn0winSaskatoon said:
does anyone know if a Breva 75o can be lowered? Thinking about getting one for a fairly short lady...
Yes, the easiest way would be to put shorter rear shocks and simply slide the forks up in the triple trees. I would be happy to help you with the shocks if you are interested in the YSS line as shown HERE. The 302 line would work fine on the 750.
I also believe they offer a shorter seat option as well.
How tall is she?

GT-Rx said:
I also believe they offer a shorter seat option as well.

So there is, the Sella ribassata - GU973221100002. Think it's about 30 mm lower, giving a 760 mm height.

thanks for the advice, guys. she's under 5 foot 2 inches 156 cm I think, so 76 cm seat height... I'll have to ponder - I know she fits just fine on my kids Honda CRF100 dirtbike which is 740mm I think - but quite a bit narower and of course so much lighter. This would be her first bike, and a big step for her from sitting on the back of mine; I just figured it might be fun to get a little red breva to mach the big breva - plus there's a demo for sale cheap at the dealer in edmonton... thanks for the input - Ian.

I've helped out an inseam challenged person here in Huntsville. She says she is 4"12". The bike has the factory low seat, shorter shocks and the fork tubes are raised about 3/4 inch. She is able to handle the bike just fine. She was on a K75 BMW and she calls the Breva "Bella". Her confidence level has gone up considerably on a bike she is comfortable on.

I know a SL (short lady) here in Vic who had Fournales shocks specially made for her to lower her Breva. Cost her a bob or two but she is really happy with the result. Drop me a PM if you'd like her email.

I know this is a 10 year old post but the topic is relevant. I lowered my Breva 750 by putting Nevada Classic shocks on it. They are 7/8" shorter and with a roughly 45 degree angle and more sag at the softest setting, the Nevada shocks lower the bike an inch when sitting on it. Also lowering the front tree on the fork tubes 3/4" helps balance out the bike just fine. The Nevada shocks just seem way superior to the stock Breva shocks, in suspension feel and quality finish, the Brevas had cheap gray paint while the Nevadas have a nice quality chrome. The Breva shocks set on the lowest setting I still could not get much sag out of them and they had a harsh ride. If you need stiffer shocks for extra weight then crank up the setting with no problem on the Nevada but I still have mine set on the softest setting. I have my suspension dialed in and the bike rides great at the moment.

The problem with after market shocks is the Breva requires a longer top mount to fit underneath the cowling. I didn't want to cut or modify anything so that wasn't an option. Not to mention I got a barely used set of Nevada shocks off of EBAY for about $75 delivered compared to hundreds of dollars for after market Ikons. Anyway just my $0.02 if anyone happens to search Lowering a Breva 750

I know this is a 10 year old post but the topic is relevant. I lowered my Breva 750 by putting Nevada Classic shocks on it. They are 7/8" shorter and with a roughly 45 degree angle and more sag at the softest setting, the Nevada shocks lower the bike an inch when sitting on it. Also lowering the front tree on the fork tubes 3/4" helps balance out the bike just fine. The Nevada shocks just seem way superior to the stock Breva shocks, in suspension feel and quality finish, the Brevas had cheap gray paint while the Nevadas have a nice quality chrome. The Breva shocks set on the lowest setting I still could not get much sag out of them and they had a harsh ride. If you need stiffer shocks for extra weight then crank up the setting with no problem on the Nevada but I still have mine set on the softest setting. I have my suspension dialed in and the bike rides great at the moment.

The problem with after market shocks is the Breva requires a longer top mount to fit underneath the cowling. I didn't want to cut or modify anything so that wasn't an option. Not to mention I got a barely used set of Nevada shocks off of EBAY for about $75 delivered compared to hundreds of dollars for after market Ikons. Anyway just my $0.02 if anyone happens to search Lowering a Breva 750
Duane, can you give a me a bit more technical information on this. I have a 2007 breva 750 which I find rides too high (I purchased it last year off someone who had retrofitted fournales on the rear. If you could, details on the nevada shocks would be appreciated (though, my observation is the OEM stuff is normally about double aftermarket). Thanks in anticipation, Arthur

Hi Duane. Thanks for responding. Anything really; what are the limits of point to point lengths for rear shocks (it currently has fournales with a point to point distance of 39mm without a load); good brands. Anything really. But thanks again for responding. Keep safe and enjoy riding. Regards, Arthur

Back