• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mana Bars

guzzler

Tuned and Synch'ed
Finally got around to fitting the Aprilia Mana handle bars.
Wow what a difference! I hadn't realised these were aluminium, until I drilled them for the switch locating pins (doh), as they are powder coated I just assumed they were mild steel! Before I'd realised this and as I wanted to try and relieve the vibration especially through the right side I thought I'd try filling them full of guttering silicone, another big DOH! What a mess! I had them all sealed up and then twigged that was just like the container it had come out of, so it would never go off!
Anyway job done, and an alternative to other ali bars. They're slightly narrower, kick up and pull back more, They put less weight into your wrists. I've now done a few hundred mile on all types of roads, and they're brilliant. No more numb right hand, I'm in love again!
Before
P3310016.jpg

After
GrisoBars008.jpg

No problems with the cables, the dimensions overall aren't that different, you loose some of the width and flatness and gain narrower, pull back and up, if that makes sense! When eyeballed against eachother I was expecting to see a greater difference, but on the bike they do feel quite different, and for me more comfortable over a 200 mile day.
I will just mention I decided to buy the bar end weight attachments. These are 24mm hex end bolts which screw directly into the bars, unlike the Griso which has them fixed inside the bar. For me it was just easier, they already have an M6 thread for fitting the bar ends.
The only other thing I would have done differently is eyeball the rotation/angle of the switch gear before drilling. I assumed they would be at a squarish angle when eyeballing the end of the bar, but they actually need to be rotated up slightly.
I also want to try the Shiver type switch gear, I think the 8v might have the same type, I really don't like the positions of the swithes, they don't fall easily to hand but that's an expensive change.

Here's the end weight/nut/bolt

GrisoBars002-1.jpg

On my first set of bars (ProTaper) I drilled the holes for the switch gear and like you didn't get it just right. On my second bars I ground down the pins on the switches and used a rubber patch (cut from an old inner tube) inserted between the switch and the bar. It works great and I can position the switches and the bars as i like.

Those bar end mounts(24mm) are the same as on my 03 Tuono. Haven't taken my 8V Guzzi ends off yet to see if they are the same.
Don-M

Not that pretty really are they?
I guess you have that awful switch gear as well! They obviously, eventually realised they'd got it wrong! Only the indicator (turn signal), horn, mode switch and high beam are in the wrong places!
I presume the 8v has the fixed bar end mounts, although the bars are less radical.
Pete

Those bar end mounts(24mm) are the same as on my 03 Tuono. Haven't taken my 8V Guzzi ends off yet to see if they are the same.
Don-M

Would you say the Tuono bars have more rise and pull back than the new 8V bars? I've been reading another thread on the Mana Bars vrs the Tuono and know beside the obvious color difference the Mana bars are even higher. I'm considering the Tuono bars for my red 2V... on the MG Sport the Tuono pulled the bar ends back almost two inches and up a bit but I'm not sure if the Griso bars are higher than the Sport bars? Anyone know?

Anyone have the gold bars fitted to a red Griso? No sure I want the gold, I actually might want something satin silver as on some Duccati bars but most aftermarket bars I've seen have lot's of stickers fixed and I would want something without them...

How different are the 8V bars from the 4V? I like the black but if the rise is very close I might as well do something else, not looking for too much change but I definetly want to get the chrome bars off my 08 and put something NOT chrome.

Vivo

Eyeballing it (both bikes behind each other)I would say that they are about the same height but the 09 Griso bars are MUCH wider.
Don-M

I know the 08 Griso has a chrome set of bars that when I eyeballed them seem almost like the 09 but the 09 is reported to be less wide and more pulled back. I think if the 09 bar is less wide it is a small LESS, maybe 5/8" but I did not measure them. I could not feel a measured difference when sitting on the 08 and then the 09 both felt the same or at least not different enough to be meaningful but I didn't ride both bikes.

Are you saying the Tuono bars are less wide than the Griso? I would guess they are but can you measure the difference if you have both bikes? Not sure you were answering to me or another post...sorry... as I said, I'm thinking of using the Tuono bar and am trying to figure out how much difference there is between the Griso and the Tuono?

Thanks in advance...

Vivo

I think the griso ends are different than the sport and Tuono which I believe are the same part numbers.

Vivo

Tuono bars are 28.25" & 09 Griso are 30". Big difference in bar length.
The 09 Griso bars feel like chopper "beach bars". Your arms don't go straight forward but are more of a V shape.

WOW a 1 3/4" difference in width between the Tuono and the Griso bars is a lot!!! The rise is about the same but I guess the Tuono bar would feel closer given your arms are not as spread out?

Thanks for measuring them... I think I'm going to try a set on the Grsio, I also am considering the Pastrana bars in satin gold and you can trim them down a bit too. They have more rise, not sure I wan't 4 1/2" of rise?

Ohhh one last question if it's ok? You were thinking to remove a Griso bar end which are threaded into the stock handelbar directly. The bar has closed ends... Does the Tuono handlebar have closed ends too? I'm wondering if my Griso bar ends will just bolt on to the Aprilia Bar?

Vivo

Back