• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mandello del Lario Moto Guzzi Red Gate Photos

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
I think everybody who loves Moto Guzzi motorcycles like I do, should get to go to Mandello del Lario at least once in their lifetime. It’s like a pilgrimage. 😆

When people do get to go, this is the photo we all end up taking of ourselves. It’s a rite of passage like no other.

Over the years here, I’ve seen many people post a photo of themselves like this, but I don’t think they are all in one forum post.

I love to collect these photos.

So, if you have a red gate photo of yourself, please, put it to share here!

I’d love to see it and add it to my collection. If you know the date of the photo too, that is also fun information. Thank you!

This is me and Michael when we went to Italy in October 2018.

It was right then on this trip when we decided that were were going to retire here.

944ED486 2618 49DC 9CEF 3D42A3E6CCCE

A19F6395 7448 4FC5 9F89 FF60F990C72A

Does this count … the red gate was open!

i-H8kLZwd-L.jpg

That was a great trip. June 2006. Was there in 2001 and 2002, but no readily available pix of that.

Have only been back to Italy once since, in 2017. Planning a return this September, but AFTER the delayed “100th."

What a fine time … with Atlanta Guzzisti friends Mike & Sue.

i-CWDGRqV-L.jpg

i-gncTXD2-L.jpg

i-LTJpxj8-L.jpg

i-B7WVtPz-L.jpg

Back to reality ... ;)

Bill

P.S. Scott, feel free to snip out the "UnRed Gate" pix if you want to keep the thread "pure." ;)

Of course that counts Bill! Thank You Very Much!

Oh, although I’m looking for Red Gate pictures, extra pictures are always welcome and appreciated! 😄

Last edited:
I know it's not a Guzzi but... One day myself, the girl, and the bike all jumped on a plane from Toronto, Canada to Rome together, and then we rode (zig zagged) up through Italy to Mandello del Lario where we took this picture.

We stayed a few nights and then zig zagged our way back to Rome where we dropped off the girl and the bike and I continued to Calabria to complete the ride across Italy.

20230523 170443

The bike is still in Italy. We'll be continuing our adventure in June of 2024. At that point we'll probably focus on the south, but will be returning to Como in 2025... or maybe sooner, who knows :)

The shirt I'm wearing was a gift from Studio Cycle, my local Moto Guzzi dealer. Promised them I'd take a pic of their shirt by the red gate.

If anyone makes it up here, on the red post behind the bike, I put a YouMotorcycle sticker. I'd love to know how it holds up :)

I know it's not a Guzzi but... One day myself, the girl, and the bike all jumped on a plane from Toronto, Canada to Rome together, and then we rode (zig zagged) up through Italy to Mandello del Lario where we took this picture.

We stayed a few nights and then zig zagged our way back to Rome where we dropped off the girl and the bike and I continued to Calabria to complete the ride across Italy.

View attachment 31899

The bike is still in Italy. We'll be continuing our adventure in June of 2024. At that point we'll probably focus on the south, but will be returning to Como in 2025... or maybe sooner, who knows :)

The shirt I'm wearing was a gift from Studio Cycle, my local Moto Guzzi dealer. Promised them I'd take a pic of their shirt by the red gate.

If anyone makes it up here, on the red post behind the bike, I put a YouMotorcycle sticker. I'd love to know how it holds up :)
How much did flying that bike cost? Pretty good plan to see Italy!

How much did flying that bike cost? Pretty good plan to see Italy!

$1,200 USD for shipping and that included whatever costs for crating, hazardous waste check, etc.
I just had to bring the bike to a place at Pearson Airport (Toronto) before the flight, with very low gas, and then disconnect the battery.

When I got to Fiumicino Airport (Rome), we picked up our checked suitcase, found our point of contact there, paid about another $400 USD, to cover duties (or whatever), and then waited a few hours, got my bike, re-hooked my battery up, unpacked the suitcase into the cases, and took off.

First stop, gas station! lol

I video recorded everything, planning on editing it over the winter, for now, just trying to ride as much as I can. Riding season is short in Canada lol

Seeing all of those pictures of the red gate, all the memories coming up being there with my father when I was only 12 years old…. Drove there on a 1956 Puch 250 SGS…
And shortly there after he bought a 1971 Nuevo Falcone Civil (still in our family)
That now over 45 years ago!
I’ve been to the gate for sure over 30 times….

I have goosebumps all over…
Pic from last year’s 101th Anniversary

4BB42696 63E6 43EF A27B D315A9E2EA12
And we still have the Puch! I restored it when I was 18 years old lol (40 years ago)
Back then we had the lower exhaust on it.
…still my paint job😁

D816FB68 2479 47D2 AD9D 5A96842CB54B BD166D86 EA56 4ECE 8F0B 1AA80CF32845

Last edited:
Back