• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Manx GP

Paxo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Just booked to go to this years Manx GP. Haven't been to the Island since the '78 TT and boy do they know how to charge for that boat across! At least I'm told they don't drain your fuel tank any more, which I always thought was a rip off. Maybe see some of you there?

What was so ghastly about the TT you won't go back GuzziHero ??? Just curious as I went way back in '93 and had a fantastic time and was thinking I'm due another visit. Any advice appreciated.

Maybe its because they burned themselves out at the centenary TT the previous year but there was absolutely sod all to do. Unless you drink a lot, in which case party on. There were no side attractions of any sort whatsoever. Even the biking shopping village was a laughable joke with too much space dedicated to stupid energy drink stands and next to nothing for actual biking gear. I'd say it was about a third the size, maybe less, of the shopping village at any BSB round. When I went to an ERA meet at Mallory there were more merch stalls.

Traffic was ridiculous. Not the amount of it, but the way they drove/rode. The number of times I had complete morons coming at me on my side of the road was too scary to be hilarious. It was like every single person went into 'dont give a hoot' mode. One of the days, the mountain road was shut seven times because of crashes.

Maybe its a microcosm of all bikers meet-ups now (it seems to be at Matlock at least) but noone spoke to anyone outside their little circles. Noone coming over to chat or just to talk about your bike the way they used to 10 years ago. FAR too many plastic gods on bikes they quite obviously can't handle.

I thought the general atmosphere was about the worst I have ever experienced outside of a bar fight. Many of the Manx locals were the most unpleasant of the bunch.

A total waste of £208(!) return ferry cost and £400 for the B&B. I wouldnt go back for love nor money.

I think a lot of things have changed since I last went there. Bikes are much more of a recreational vehicle now than they were in the 70's and the people who ride them are different. Too many fashion victims! I'm not bothering with the TT since I don't consider the bikes are proper prototype race bikes anymore, more production racers. I feel the same about the new MotoGP2 machines; it's entertaining racing but they're not pukka GP bikes. So I'm going to the Manx which should provide a much more varied selection of older and interesting racing machines. The same probably can be said about the people who will be spectating!

An interesting insight gents, things certainly have changed and not for the better by the sounds of it ! Perhaps I'll check out the NW200 or Dundrod in Ireland next ?

Back