Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

Marietta Sports Cars - Greater Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by ginkgo, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ginkgo

ginkgo Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi all, former Griso owner looking to get back to the Goose with a new California 1400 Touring. The dealer in my area is primarily a used sports/luxury car dealer with Vespa and Moto Guzzi also. The bike operation looks a bit tentative, and I'm wondering if anybody has any intel or feedback on them. They appear to be the only Moto Guzzi dealer in the region. Thanks for any information.

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

An experienced Guzzi mechanic is there on Saturdays. Since we don't know your location, the next closest dealer may be Sloan's in Murfreesboro TN near which is near Nashville.

3. bobw

bobw Cruisin' Guzzisti

Has become too common a question when not so long ago there were at least a few good shops to help in the region. I'm in the same boat and have discussed shops in VA and NC with others, does anyone have any insights on Sloan's?

4. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I have heard good things about Adventure Motorsports BMW Guzzi in Tallahasse FL but have no experience with them.

Don't waste time with the dealer in Jacksonville or Daytona or Fast Trixx in Talahassee.

5. Goose14

Goose14 Just got it firing!

I have a new Custom 1400 and I live by this shop. I went in the back to the service area and the two mechanics I talked to seem very knowledgeable about the vintage and current models that Moto Guzzi offers. The one guy I talked to has factory training and they have the tools to work on them. Also, I spoke to the owner of the dealership and he is also a longtime bike guy along with selling nice sports cars. I'll be taking my bike in for its first service pretty soon...hope this helps.

bobw likes this.
  6. blakbird

blakbird Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Bringing my '14 Custom 1400 in for first service Saturday, I'm not worried at all. Purchased this bike at Marietta Sportscar Apr-9-16 warched most of the prep. Young tech certainly seemed to know what he was doing.

Took a break from watching the prep For lunch with the other tech, Steve Kames.

I've known Steve since he resurrected my '78 Lemans over the winter of 2011-2012. Nothing serious but she had been laid up in a corner of the garage since May 1991 and I wanted every sytem checked out before putting her back on my he road. Steve definitely know his way around Guzzi's.

bobw likes this.
  7. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Thanks for the kind words, been trying to retire a bit to do more riding. Maybe even get a few more of my own Guzzi's back on the road. I have been trying to be at the shop a few afternoons plus Saturday this year. Long drive through some nasty traffic. Old(past) customer in there today may be 1st owner in GA of a new V9. My co-worker is coming along pretty well, he also has to do some scooters. Roller tappet updates has been occupying most all my time, one after another.

8. Perk5560

Perk5560 Tuned and Synch'ed

I just reread this post and realized that it states Adventure Motorsports is in Tallahassee. They are in Pensacola and is where I purchased my MG 1400 with great satisfaction.

9. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I stand corrected it is in Pensacola. I have had phone contact & email contact with them & they left a favorable impression I would give them a try.