• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Memjet Module

guzziben47 said:
You lost me. If the air temp sensor doesn't cause the ECU to enrichen the mix or change to a different map, then the Memjet must not be changing anything but the timing. I though the air temp sensor caused the ECU to lean the mix when its hot and enrichen it when it's cold.
There are no air temp correction parameters set on the ECU (for fuel) outside of closed-loop (on the 02-sensor). In closed loop (using the 02-sensor) is where changes are frequently made.

Does that mean an ECU fooler that attaches in line with the air temp sensor (like the Memjet) cannot enrichen the mix (it can only change the timing)???

guzziben47 said:
Does that mean an ECU fooler that attaches in line with the air temp sensor (like the Memjet) cannot enrichen the mix (it can only change the timing)???
I can only state that (on the 8V motor) the "air temp" correction factor that is visible using my software, is *not* showing any *corrections* to the fuel chart in warmer temps. It does however, show corrections in timing for cold ambient air temps.

Ehh, please verify/discard what I understand:
The stock ECU when operating on open loop maps, it is not taking the air temperature into consideration.
If I understood correctly, this looks pretty strange!

Todd, I don't know what you are saying, but I take it you aren't claiming the Memjet doesn't change the air fuel mix.

My impression was that air temp may have an effect on how the Memjet works (I have to change the setting from time to time).

Anyway, I tried e-mailing the mfr a while back and got a response; I'll try again and see if they think air temp has an effect on the settings....

Finally got the Fatduc and gave it a try today. I guess it's better than nothing, but I totally agree with everyone who said the Fatduc is a bandaid that doesn't work very well. Maybe it works better on Ducati's but it didn't do much for the Stelvio....

Todd, and anyone else who is interested. You asked me not to post about this subject but the thing is that the arguments are getting really perverse and to my mind are completely missing the mark.

I have NOTHING to sell. I have no intention, need, or interest in 'White Anting' your work with the PCV/AT and have CONSISTENTLY said I think it is the best available package for working with the W5AM 'pooter, (Or whatever it's called.)

BUT

I neither think you are using the product to it's best advantage or interpereting the data you are recieving correctly and you are definitely not looking at the whole 'Engine' package holistically. I genuinely like and admire you and the work you're puting in to this but I'd really like to also tell you where I, (that's me, soley, nobody else.) thinks you're going wrong.

Feel free to tell me to fuck off and die if you wish. Also if you'd like to do this off forum to avoid a lot of 'Noise' I'll do that too but personally I think an open debate is a much better way to go.

I'm on holiday at the moment, (Currently in Todd's home state!!!) and my innerneck connection is less than regular or perfect but gimme a go ahead or no and I'll make some suggestions about data collection and interpretation that I truly believe will make getting the PCV/AT work much better and easier than many are finding it at the moment AND offer better results.

Pete

guzziben47 said:
Finally got the Fatduc and gave it a try today. I guess it's better than nothing, but I totally agree with everyone who said the Fatduc is a bandaid that doesn't work very well. Maybe it works better on Ducati's but it didn't do much for the Stelvio....

I got a message suggesting I didn't give the fat duc enough of a chance, and I thought that was probably true, since I only tried it up to about half way. So I hooked it up again and went for another spin, this time turning up the dial until I got the desired effect.

And it turns out I spoke too soon. The fat duc did work turned up about 4/5 of the way. The effect was good, but the bike still felt a little lean, so I tried turning it up all the way. That seemed to work better, but then I got an error message on the ECU, and the party was over.

So, contrary to my earlier post, the fat duc does work for the Stelvio, but you have to turn it up so far to get the desired effect, you risk getting an error message on your ECU. And even though it does work, it still doesn't work as well as the Memjet.

The Memjet is a very different product, IMHO. They may both be bandaids but the comparison ends there. The Memjet has much more of an effect and it doesn't trip the ECU (and it doesn't have a noticeable negative affect on gas mileage either).

This is for all you closet Memjet users (and I know you're out there). Much as I liked my Memjet, I eventually started to have issues with it. The good news is I could get the bike to run properly with the Memjet (no surging, no flat spot). The bad news is I also found I had to keep changing the setting to get the bike to run the way I wanted. I don't know if that was because of outside temperature changes (I've read they have an effect) or if it was because the ECU was gradually figuring out what I was doing (there seemed to be a trend; I seemed to have to keep turning the dial up higher and higher to get the desired effect), but that was the experience I had. So I've now bought and installed Todd's Re-Flash; and I'm happy to report, based on my initial impressions, it is better than the Memjet. So if you are using the Memjet now, and you start having the problem I had, the solution is to get the Re-Flash. It's worth every penny!!!

Back