Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Merry Xmas from Roper AH

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 22, 2019.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Lifted from another Forum, and I have to put an end to this after a decade plus abuse from Pete Roper, thanks for the Christmas gift.
    Thanks @Rox

FFS. I'd like to know one other Guzzisti that has been shat on (for well over a decade now) other than me, by you Roper.

Simple facts... you (still) obviously know nothing about me or my history with motorcycles, and are just too damn dumb to find out.

I'm the third generation rider and racer of my family. I have been riding since I was 4, and racing since 8 years old. That’s my grandfather below, who was a hillclimb and dirt-track racer, commercial electrician, machinist and engine builder/mechanic. I spent my formidable youth in his garage. I worked on my bikes from a very early age under the tutelage of the best builder/tuners in the country (Gary Nixon's dirt-track builder to name just one). I raced, wrenched and built my own dirt track race-bikes (turned Pro at 16 yrs old) and road raced for almost 10 years, 8 years professionally (earning a single digit national # with no sponsors). That was a full decade plus before you ever met me. From 16 years old, I surpassed one million street miles before I was 25 years old, not counting any off roading. During all of that, I was a self-employed residential home designer/builder, which quickly segue-way'ed into becoming a residential Architect on multi-million dollar coastal homes.

My grandfather Bill Balsis c1930-1950:
    6242814E-F454-485A-BA54-4EFB569BAAE8.gif
    0A0BC0DA-9E06-4092-9C12-56AF40EE9271.jpeg

I have been nostrils deep in Guzzis since '99, riding my first Guzzi a total of 264k miles (40k of which was track time as an instructor, of my own track school). To date I have personally owned well over 50+ Guzzis, not including any of my GTM builds. I have owned nine (9) V11 Sports & LMs, three have been Scuras. Rox who commented above was one of them. I R&D’ed a stellar solution for the Scura clutch, and I've done a handful of them since.
    I am still a professional rider for OEMs and media sources, and have been well paid for my R&D input, skills and riding abilities, i.e. Pic below (of me in center) with my good friends at Arch Motorcycles.

A8E615FB-CA6E-4DA3-A6CE-539AD9000B2F.jpeg

I was also a Cycle World magazine associate editor/tester from c2000~2007, during of which I was the Series Manager of the AMA Pro Racing SuperMoto Series ‘03~06.
    Add to that I was a MGNOC Rep for many years, in two opposite coast states, threw numerous small events, a National Rally, and have offered free endless support help here online and in person since late '99. And the list can go on and on from there.

You Roper, showed *YOUR* wrenching skills when in my home last. They were horrific, laughable and disgusting, as I personally witnessed and cleaned up after. For my “products” — you were too ignorant to install and use the products you bought from me, failed to do as I suggested, then shouted all over the net of how terrible they were... which I'm pretty sure you didn't install them on purpose. Then you declined having me install it in person to show you how to do it and how well it worked, instead handing me everything and telling me to give it to someone else. The topper was a test ride of my 1200-8V Stelvio, that made a dyno-proven 109 rwhp, you said you couldn't tell any difference to a bone stock bike... that is after waiting 2-3 minutes at a time on a few mile ride, for you to catch up. That made it all very clear to me.

I opened a Guzzi workshop almost 5 years ago because working from home got too overwhelming with clients, in addition to my rental business launched in 2014. I’ve likely purchased and maintained more new Guzzis than anyone in the Western U.S.
    My shop, GTMotoCycles.com handles full service, fabrication and tons more. I fix all of the bikes that the dealers can’t, screw up and/or blame the owners for, and we are proactive in what we know goes wrong, all for far less $. For a few years now, I have been building custom frame up bikes, and very successfully building big bore motors, both small and big blocks. We (I have 3 full time guys now, not including myself) will have my supercharged 1440cc bike done early next year.

So stop stomping all over the internet with your childish bullying and working so hard to destroy my business. I work with the utmost integrity, and have a great reputation in the community from those who aren't dicks like you. Despite you and your map buddy Beetle's bashing, my business is flourishing after people taking your advice. The smart ones any way. You started by calling everyone who touched their bike an idiot if it wasn’t stock everything, and once some freeware gave easy and cheap access, now everyone’s an expert. I have been doing it as a trained professional for 18+ years, with commercially supported products long before anything was accessible. Just because you are too damn ignorant to use it, while hundreds of thousands of others can and do quite successfully, doesn’t make it worthless or worse. It just means you can’t use it. It’s an amazing tool.
    I will challenge anyone running one of this insect’s maps (speaking of a charlatan with no real website and a name on his work), come do a A/F dyno pull. Bring it.

Enough is enough. You said to call you on it, so I am.
    I and many others have done more for the Guzzi community that you'll ever be capable of. Go find someone else to bash you drunkard keyboard-warrior, or keep it your local BF Canberra bunghole.

From another L.A. moto business' slogan...

4BD77C8D-F1EF-4DC2-B19C-EA2997077779.jpeg

2. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

I've never met Pete Roper, but I have read many of his posts on various forums and seen many photographs taken in his "shop". It's a wasteland of filth, chaos, and disorganization on a dingy nowhere street in Australia.

This guy has most of the Guzzi forum world buffaloed to death that he is some sort of Guzzi God. Really?

From what I've seen, I wouldn't let the guy work on my lawnmower, let alone a motorcycle.

I'm POSITIVE from the photos I have seen, that he is the type of idiot that tears things apart, throwing parts here and there and everywhere, and if and when he gets it back together, he has leftover nuts and bolts that he considers to be no big deal and never talks about with the owner.

In his posts, he is brash, loud, and trite. He bashes Todd all the time and especially the fueling mods, which I have on my Stelvio and have positively commented on many times here and other places.

Roper's a "POS Extraordinaire" in my book.

I rest my case...

14581492_1236228579750094_769301809584482479_n.jpg

13600362_1163380647034888_3401793456835835410_n.jpg

11998885_1095478203825133_1981865851586291939_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 8.53.10 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Idaho Red Rocket 3 and GT-Rx® like this.
  3. GT-Rx®

Thanks much Scott, your conclusions are all correct, even if you’ve never met.

His mug...
    75503110-A0EC-4D30-84B7-71DC44C3683D.jpeg

4. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Speak as you find, I say. I have never met Pete Roper but I have met Todd Eagan.
    Todd provided me with one of his perfectly set up bikes from RideMalibu when I was on holiday and his fuelling kit and advice on suspension modification for my Cali 1400 has transformed my bike.
    I am a ex military, (22years) aircraft propulsion and marine engineer and would like to think I know when someone is talking sh1t.
    From my personal experience Todd is someone who stands by his product AND is a gentleman to boot.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  5. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Don't worry Todd, he looks old and alcoholic. I don't think he'll be around long to bother you.

Robert Gibson and GT-Rx® like this.
  6. GT-Rx®

Thank you Robert. Appreciate the rare few that will speak up on this matter.

7. GT-Rx®

Thanks, but the issue is he’s done a ton of damage (figuratively and literally) over the last decade. Almost all of my Griso products fell flat after one member here started his own Griso specific Forum, and the bashing began. I am regularly shat on there by the Roper brigade with no recourse. I could put my attorney on it, but I’ve spent a great deal trying to keep and maintain this website after someone who used to contribute here sued me. He’s part of the Roper posse, and a real tool also. There was one other, but he’s now dead. He too was planning to sue me next, for no other reason than greed, jealousy and ego. I still have the emails, which maybe one day I’ll publish.

Another major disappointment is how many who know me well on those other Forums, sit quietly aside and say little to nothing.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all Guzzisti here.

8. crzrdave

crzrdave Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Glad I don't know this Roper guy; he seems like a real piece of work. However, I do know Todd as he has worked on my bike several times and resolved some issues that Guzzi dealers failed to correct. I can also attest to Todd's professionalism and commitment to the Guzzi community in the service and upgrades that he provides. I know that as long as I have my Guzzi, Todd's shop will have my business.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  9. Rox

Rox Tuned and Synch'ed

Having to catch up from an over 2 year absence.I see The Lounge is where all the magic happens. ;-) Btw, Todd. Love the pics...

I’m another "I don't know Roper but I do know Todd" guy. It's pretty safe to say Todd's a solid guy. Nobody really knows Roper except in forums and whatnot. But the truth always eventually comes out.
    I just hate drama and smacktalk. And Roper has a lot of it. Not a fun combo.

It just pissed me off when Roper called Todd a charlatan. When I bought my Scura from Todd with a bad clutch and flywheel, he said he'd fix it. I could’ve of been screwed six ways from Sunday. It took a while but he made it right and cut zero corners.
    Todd's a solid dude and I’m sure a lot of folk here have a "Solid Todd" story... Roper's just another keyboard warrior. Nuff said.

10. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

I have no idea about Roper. His name hasn't appeared on any of the motorcycling lists that I've participated in for many years, I don't know him at all. None of my Australian Guzzi friends seem to have heard of him either.

Todd, your business and your forum has done very well for me for the past two plus years. Good products, good information, good conversation ... I enjoyed working with you on setting up my bike and tuning it properly last year—It runs superbly and handles great. It was a pleasure to meet you and your mechanic when we did the suspension and the wheels/tires at your shop. I've no complaints whatever with you or your business. Many of my other Guzzi friends (people I have known and discussed motorcycles with for over 20 years, by and large) around the world have heard of you and your shop; dunno how many have taken advantage of your services and products, but that's an indicator to me.

Have a happy holiday season, and a healthy and safe New Year!

best,
    G

No matter where you go, go there on a Guzzi.

Meldrew, Tracey, GT-Rx® and 2 others like this.
  11. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I also have great appreciation for Todd and his expertise. His knowledge and his willingness to help and standing behind his products speaks volumes to Todd’s character. Myself and others have defended Todd’s products and tuning on wildguzzi and I have been appalled at the attacks by Roper and his few minions who he has convinced he is endall authority of all things Guzzi. I for one will be speaking up more when Roper makes his attacks.

GT-Rx® likes this.