• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Message for Sydneysiders.......

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
Not wanting to 'jump the Gun' but a little birdy just whispered to me that a certain Mr. J. Viton of St. Peters may just be about to take up the batton of Guzzi dealership in Sydney after the decision of the 'Blue Ribband' dealer to stop waving their ribband :p .

I won't say anything else for now apart from if the whispers are true it'll be the best news for Guzzi owners and wannabee owners in Sydney for, well? pretty much forever but certainly in the last decade and a half.

John is not only highly skilled and dilligent to a fault but has a long time interest in Guzzi, (He's not taking Aprilia as well, just Guzzi!) also he is clever enough and confident enough to be more than willing to ASK if he isn't sure about something. That takes maturity and a strong personality, something the man has in spades.

Apparently he'll be having five bikes delivered to his shop 'Motocicolo' tomorrow just for a 'demonstration day' Dunno if rides are afoot or not but you'll be able to paw over some of what Guzzi have to offer, (I know bothe the Norge 8V and the V7 Cafe are at the warehouse so they might be there. So, any of you, or any 'Lurkers' who might be thinking about a Guzzi but may of been put off by tales of poor service by less than knowledgeable shops in the Sydney region? It looks like your drought may be about to break. It's not about the bikes. The bikes, especially the 8V models, are brilliant and once set up RIGHT are a joy. What's been missing has been 'Service'. If this goes ahead that'll be a thing of the past. As I said to the man when he contacted me, I'm more than willing to help and assist in any way I can. I look forward to seeing a LOT more newer, fine-running Guzzis in Sydney in the near future!!!!

Give 'em hell John!!!! :evil:

Pete

Bloody GOOD NEWS Pete; Good on you John!

Says he who purchased from an accountant and has regretted it ever since...

Had a look at the new Gris, Norge and Cafe racer while they were being put on a truck at JSG very flash looking machines, someone is very lucky, maybe the aforementioned.

Gary

Certainly were some nice new machines mixing with the wonderful oldies at "Motocicolo" on Saturday when I was in there. White Griso, Bellagio, V7 Racer to name a few I noticed as I was poking around.

Jono

I reckon Guzzi owners in Sydney already know how fortunate they are with the news that Motociclo is now an official Guzzi service workshop and dealer.

Here's my story anyway :D

I'm new to Guzzi ownership, having just bought a 2nd hand 2009 V7 Classic through a private sale. My previous ride was a Suzuki SV1000 so this was a major mental shift in downsizing in physical size and power. Was looking for a bike that gave me the same user friendly ride in the city streets that I had with my previous ride before that - a little '05 SV650. Anyway, looked at the Griso (yeah I loved it) but finally settled on the V7 Classic. Doesn't have the 'nads of my previous beast, but it has an x-factor of fun with practicality similar to the SV650. Plus I think it looks way better in every respect, a lovely little bike. Perfect.

While mulling over the V7 Classic, I was told about Motociclo by the previous owner of said bike. So after a few test rides, much deliberation and then finally exchanging the $$ and signing over the ownership, luck would have that soon thereafter the right cylinder head started leaking oil, much to my dismay and worry. Have I just bought a dud ? Was the problem going to be serious read: expensive? etc. I'm suspecting a dodgy gasket, but not 100%.

Time to try my luck with Motociclo - much sooner than originally anticipated. Rang them up, and was told to bring it over the next day for a look-see. Not expecting to get it attended to straight away, I was looking forward to a taxi trip back home after dropping it off. How wrong was I? When I arrived John was working on another bike, took a quick look at it and next thing I know he's pushing it into the workshop and cooling off the headers and pipes so he could crack open the valve cover. Fifteen minutes later he's confirmed the problem as a dodgy gasket (broken in 3 places) and replaces it there and then. The whole thing was about $30 of T&M. Okay, it's a relatively simple problem and it confirmed my suspicion about the gasket. Waves of relief.

However, was this for real? Guzzi owner or not, Motociclo have just earned lifetime loyalty from a new customer. I subsequently bought a bit of riding gear from them and a sports screen for the bike (about a grand's worth all up) was going to spend the dollars anyway so why not with them? Of course I now plan to take the bike back for future services and probably get them to put on some better rubber once the current hoops run their course (not a big fan of the current Metzler Lasertecs). And maybe a pair of Staintunes sometime in the not too distant future? haha.

Being a manager in a service industry myself (24 years in IT working for a well known multi-national) I know too well how good customer service can translate into long term success for a business.

Thats my plug, so a big shout out to John and Nicole at Motociclo. Thank you !!

Franco

Another plug for Motociclio

I bought a Monza v50. It was in great condition but needed mechanical work. Took it to John and it was sorted. I had a cycnical attitude to bike shops, as most of them just did not have the customer service you expect when paying a lot of money for a product but Motociclio have an old fashioned attitude to customer service. It's only a small place but looks like an old fashioned bike shop!

John mentioned that they are having a Moto Guzzi ride day at the end of September so if you want to test ride a Guzzi get on down there.

Back