Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

MGS-01 CORSA (Sexy series limited)

Discussion in 'Spine' started by Adam Davis, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Adam Davis

Adam Davis Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I would pay a grand for a day on a twisty closed track with this bike. So few made and what a jacked feeling to have one sitting in the garage.... If anyone has rode one please tell us about it???

My favorite design out of all historic Guzzi motorcycles of the past and present. Screenshot_20190118-120247_Chrome.jpg

Poppe and Mayakovski like this.
  2. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

If they ever made a road legal bike, it'd be the first time I'd consider going with a sport bike.

Adam Davis likes this.
  3. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

I know a guy that owns one! Jim at Rose Farm Classics, used to be a Guzzi Dealer in Woodstock, IL Now the dealer is in town.

Adam Davis and Poppe like this.
  4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Adam Davis likes this.
  5. Adam Davis

Adam Davis Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Todd,

I was wondering if you had. Truly a special day indeed. What a blast you had on that machine, obviously. The whole experience, no doubt memorable to say the least.

How many of those machines are out there? In the years of its limited production how many were made?

Thank you for sending me a slice of history. An archive of an epic day most definitely. Not only for you but for the others who had a part in that rare bike track day.

A gorgeous, gorgeous motorcycle in action.
    You lucky dog you......

6. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Welcome... and indeed.
    I do have a Registry in the Spine section here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/mgs-01-registry-have-one.11537/

This is from the M.G.N.A. G.M. at the time, that just replied to me today on this...
    "Here’s what I was told we were going to do on the MGS 01 Corsa… Once we knew we couldn’t make a production version the idea was to make 100 units worldwide of the 1225cc version and ship only 25 of those to the United States. I know they were very short on money and struggling in 2004/2005 so they may have increased production."

The Registry linked above hints to 51 in North America, but I don't think even 25 were brought into the U.S. Looks like 132 was the total production count.
    The one I rode for the test (I linked above) is owned by the former Guzzi dealer in Santa Cruz, CA.

The bodywork is available, so I could build one as a GTM-02.X version if you are so inclined.

groundhog105 and Mayakovski like this.
  7. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

OMG I wish I could afford that. But I don't think my wife wants me selling the house. :)

8. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Now THAT would be a thing of consumate beauty and power, but way too racy for these old bones.
    I took the above snaps at the MG Museum last September, IMHO the MGS-01 and original Ducati 916 have to be two of the most beautiful motorcycles ever built.
    I would also love to see Todd's version of a Bellagio inspired cruiser,
    GTM-03.C, perhaps?
    Now where did I put that lottery ticket.

Mayakovski and GT-Rx® like this.
  9. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Great write up Todd. What a great opportunity on a special bike.

10. motoguzziman

motoguzziman Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

UNFORTUNATELY, MY BACK, WONT LET ME RIDE, IN THAT POSITION, ANYMORE !
    CANT FIND MY DAM READING GLASSES EITHER !!!
    TAKE CARE , OUT THERE !

11. Mikko

Mikko Just got it firing!

I bought a V11 from my dealer and about a year or so later he called me to say Guzzi was building this. I sold my v11 and my Harley in anticipation of buying my dream Guzzi....That's what it ended up being...a dream.

Now years later I've discovered GTM and i'm going to see the bike in my head come to life. Maybe it's a good thing as I'm older and just a tad less nuts..just a tad.. maybe a RCH less..more like evaporation? hehehehe.......