Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Micro switch under clutch lever

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by guzziben47, Jun 11, 2010.

1. guzziben47

guzziben47 Cruisin' Guzzisti

I discovered a new switch today. It is a little metal pin under the clutch lever. I tried pushing it in but nothing happened (or something happened and I didn't notice what it was).

Does anyone know what the micro switch under the clutch lever is for?

2. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Yep that's an easy one. It tells the ECU when you have the clutch lever pulled in. If you try to start the bike with it in gear it won't until you pull the clutch in - it's that little switch that tells the ECU that it's OK to spin the starter.

BUT, be careful of the switch, I had a look at a Stelvio this week and it's the same switch as my Breva. The switch body is held together with two tabs, one on either side that snap over a small plastic bump to hold them in place. They are very weak and even a small tug on the wires can pull the switch apart.

My solution was to: take it apart and slide some heat shrink of appropriate size over the switch, reasssemble it and then activate the heat shrink around the switch. THis has held it together nicely now for over two years.

John Warner likes this.
  3. E Sciberras

E Sciberras Just got it firing!

Hello ALL. A long time since the last post here. Came across this thread as I had the misfortune of breaking my switch. I have a question to the folks who are savvy electrically. Can you replace this switch with a 2 wire 6mm proximity sensor? How will it affect the ECU? Will it work? Buying a cheap sensor is no problem......wrecking the ECU is a big one. Appreciate your thoughts.

4. Kevin.NZ

Kevin.NZ Cruisin' Guzzisti

On my Breva 1100 I also found that when the clutch is pulled in and the clutch switch is operated the revs increase by about 100-200rpm, it operates the stepper motor. I have a mechanical switch to shut off the stepper motor and when its shut off the revs do not increase when the clutch is pulled in. BTW you can get that switch from Radio Spares.

5. E Sciberras

Kevin thanks for the info. appreciate if you can send me a link to this switch. thanks

6. Kevin.NZ

The switch part number is RS 157-1036. you have to get the extn actuator RS 173-9353, it just clips on. wiring comes out the side instead of the back but it can still be fitted

7. Kevin.NZ

8. E Sciberras

Thanks Kevin. Info very helpful. Prefer the RS one as lots cheaper. Switch and extender already ordered.

9. Griso Guy

Griso Guy Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi Kevin, I have a question for you if you wouldn’t mind me asking.
    My 06 Griso 1100 has a issue with the side switch idiot light remaining on even with the side stand up. I ran a polarity test on the switch it works fine however the darn idiot light stays on. Therefor it won’t allow me to put the bike in gear & ride. As you know it shuts down the engine.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

10. Kevin.NZ

Disconnect the wiring to the side stand switch, the light should go off, if it stays on there is problem further up the line. I haven't got the wiring diagram in front of me at the moment but i think it puts an earth to the ECU when the stand is down.