• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Milan, Mandello.

Robert Gibson

High Miler
GT Contributor
As part of a 60th birthday present my wife and I took a short city break to take in the sights and culture of Milan and of course a visit to the Moto Guzzi museum at Mandello del Lario.
Mandello is super easy to get to, you take the train from Milan central station to Lecco, approximately 40 minutes, (which goes through Monza, so time permitting you could visit the race circuit), after a 15 minute wait catch the train to Mandello approximately 20 minutes. You arrive on platform 1 and if you exit on that side and walk in the direction the train was travelling for about 5 minutes you will arrive at the Agostini motorcycle dealership, (best place to buy t-shirts or clothing). Alternatively exit from platform 2 and the famous red door of Moto Guzzi is right in front of you.
The museum opened promptly at 3pm, and you have to "sign in", then it's just a case of walking through the exhibits at your own pace. As you exit, there is a small book store/gift shop but had a very limited selection. For MG memorabilia there is a shop that has a good selection of patches, wallets, key rings etc on the opposite side of the square directly behind the statue of Carlo Guzzi, also as you walk through the town you will pass Gioielleria Nani jewellers who has some nice baubles to appease your wife or partner that may have accompanied you on this pilgrimage.
Depending on when you visit you could also take in a boat trip around the beautiful Lake Como which I believe run until the end of September.
As seen from the photos and my snappy attire we had superb weather to take in the sights of both the city and the lake.
Milan is a beautiful city and I would highly recommend taking a guided tour to take in the sights especially the Duomo, and a visit to see the famous "Last Supper". It was also quite entertaining to sit and take a drink at a roadside bar close to one of the busy intersections especially at rush hour and watch Milanese driving at its best!
Health and wealth permitting my intention is to return to Mandello in 2021 but next time on two wheels. I hope this has been of use for those intending to visit.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Thanks for the fantastic post Robert. The pics bring back good memories... Crazy to think it's been 11 years since I was last there, riding the Griso 1100 as a journalist for the day, with one of the test riders named Cecco. Glad to see most of everything still in place. I visited most of the same places you posted on, except I drove up from Milano to MDL. Next you go, find your way to the waterfall that Leonardo Da Vinci used to go to there. The history is mesmerizing in all of Italy.
Hmmm... seems to me next year, 2019 is as significant as 2021 since the Guzzi-Parodi prototype was born there in 1919. I had forgotten that fact.

What a wonderful, beautiful place. You're a very lucky man to live so close to such places. If I make it to Europe, Italy and especially the MDL and Lago Como area are at the top of my list.
I turn 60 in October 2019, makes a lovely birthday present.

What a wonderful, beautiful place. You're a very lucky man to live so close to such places. If I make it to Europe, Italy and especially the MDL and Lago Como area are at the top of my list.
I turn 60 in October 2019, makes a lovely birthday present.

You may receive one of these

A few more photos then.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 11
As part of a 60th birthday present my wife and I took a short city break to take in the sights and culture of Milan and of course a visit to the Moto Guzzi museum at Mandello del Lario.
Mandello is super easy to get to, you take the train from Milan central station to Lecco, approximately 40 minutes, (which goes through Monza, so time permitting you could visit the race circuit), after a 15 minute wait catch the train to Mandello approximately 20 minutes. You arrive on platform 1 and if you exit on that side and walk in the direction the train was travelling for about 5 minutes you will arrive at the Agostini motorcycle dealership, (best place to buy t-shirts or clothing). Alternatively exit from platform 2 and the famous red door of Moto Guzzi is right in front of you.
The museum opened promptly at 3pm, and you have to "sign in", then it's just a case of walking through the exhibits at your own pace. As you exit, there is a small book store/gift shop but had a very limited selection. For MG memorabilia there is a shop that has a good selection of patches, wallets, key rings etc on the opposite side of the square directly behind the statue of Carlo Guzzi, also as you walk through the town you will pass Gioielleria Nani jewellers who has some nice baubles to appease your wife or partner that may have accompanied you on this pilgrimage.
Depending on when you visit you could also take in a boat trip around the beautiful Lake Como which I believe run until the end of September.
As seen from the photos and my snappy attire we had superb weather to take in the sights of both the city and the lake.
Milan is a beautiful city and I would highly recommend taking a guided tour to take in the sights especially the Duomo, and a visit to see the famous "Last Supper". It was also quite entertaining to sit and take a drink at a roadside bar close to one of the busy intersections especially at rush hour and watch Milanese driving at its best!
Health and wealth permitting my intention is to return to Mandello in 2021 but next time on two wheels. I hope this has been of use for those intending to visit.

View attachment 15676 View attachment 15677 View attachment 15678 View attachment 15679 View attachment 15680 View attachment 15681 View attachment 15682 View attachment 15683 View attachment 15684 View attachment 15685 View attachment 15686 View attachment 15687 View attachment 15688
Great insights feedback. Heading there this November for the bike show in Milan and museum.

Robert, thank you so much for taking the time to make this post. Wonderful story, wonderful pictures. You just made my day.

"Snappy attire" indeed...

Dale

Back