• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mileage and Issues

Purchased my 2014 1400 Touring from RPM Cycles in Dallas and thus far no issues. One thing I have found out with the purchase of a new bike, if it is prepped right by the dealer issues will be minimal. The purchase was made in mid August and I have just turned 5,000 miles with her. The only issue I had was with the stock saddle, very uncomfortable for me, replaced it with a Corbin and am very happy with the change.
Ranger,

I live in the Dallas area and have been to RPM many times. The concern I have is they add $1,200 to the price of a bike with destination and set up fees. My question is were you able to get a pretty good deal on your California 1400? I have a Norge and went to Fort Worth because the deal was much better there. I want a California but don't want to drive to Fort Worth every time I need service or parts. Your thoughts??

Eric

Ranger,

I live in the Dallas area and have been to RPM many times. The concern I have is they add $1,200 to the price of a bike with destination and set up fees. My question is were you able to get a pretty good deal on your California 1400? I have a Norge and went to Fort Worth because the deal was much better there. I want a California but don't want to drive to Fort Worth every time I need service or parts. Your thoughts??

Eric
You don't have to take it to the dealer you bought it from. Stay friendly with RPM, they should be able, if willing, to take care of you.
Are there any other dealers in the area?

Ranger,

Eric
I am very satisfied with the price I paid for my Cali 1400, the folks at RPM bailed me out of a tough situation by working with me and getting me back on the road.

I have been reading about the problems some of the older 1400's have been having.So my question is: Is anyone having any problems with the newer models,2016 or 2017??? Thank you!! Dave!!!

I have been reading about the problems some of the older 1400's have been having.So my question is: Is anyone having any problems with the newer models,2016 or 2017??? Thank you!! Dave!!!

I have. 2014 with over 24000 miles on it and have had only a couple of minor issues that were fixed under warranty.

I had a 2014 California Touring. Had electrical issue that could not be resolved. Kept blowing fuses. Was told I would need new wiring harness. Traded it on 2016 Eldorado. Big mistake. Wheels corroded on ride home in December! Literally brand new bike parked under cover and a week later wheels were so corroded they could not be cleaned. Was told I had “ bad luck” and it was cosmetic and not covered. Went to MG USA and also filed claim. No luck! Now 90 days in the battery is now dead. Not bad luck... bad decision to buy another MG!!!
Having wheels powder coated, new battery , etc. maybe I will actually get to ride this bike soon!

Gentlemen/ladies: After reading all the horro stories on this site concerning the California 1400,then actually test driving several of em myself ,and being thoroughly disappointed by the overall performance of EVERY SINGLE machine that I road tested,then listening to the bull **** the dealerships tried to feed me about how they ran and that "THEY ALL DO THAT",[I've NEVER encountered a machine that ran so poorly in my life] and finally came to the conclusion that Moto Guzzi does "INFACT" have a "BIG PROBLEM",hence I have given up on em, ruling em out once and for all as I HAD been considering buying one of these machines for the past 4 or 5 years, hoping that Guzzi would improve their machines,but did NOT,as they're all still the same old,same old!!
Anyways,I went looking else wheres and ended up buying a brandy new 2018 Indian Springfield Dark Horse which,BTW,performed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then every Moto Guzzi I road tested.So I will be leaving this site,but would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on here for their help,their patience with me,and their respect.So I thank you all again ladies and gentlemen and maybe one day,we'll meet on the road!! So good luck,and I thank you all again!!! Respectfully and VERY DISAPPOINTED, Dave!!!

Gentlemen/ladies: After reading all the horro stories on this site concerning the California 1400,then actually test driving several of em myself ,and being thoroughly disappointed by the overall performance of EVERY SINGLE machine that I road tested,then listening to the bull **** the dealerships tried to feed me about how they ran and that "THEY ALL DO THAT",[I've NEVER encountered a machine that ran so poorly in my life] and finally came to the conclusion that Moto Guzzi does "INFACT" have a "BIG PROBLEM",hence I have given up on em, ruling em out once and for all as I HAD been considering buying one of these machines for the past 4 or 5 years, hoping that Guzzi would improve their machines,but did NOT,as they're all still the same old,same old!!
Anyways,I went looking else wheres and ended up buying a brandy new 2018 Indian Springfield Dark Horse which,BTW,performed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then every Moto Guzzi I road tested.So I will be leaving this site,but would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on here for their help,their patience with me,and their respect.So I thank you all again ladies and gentlemen and maybe one day,we'll meet on the road!! So good luck,and I thank you all again!!! Respectfully and VERY DISAPPOINTED, Dave!!!

Sorry you had such a bad experience with your Guzzi search. I’ve had very good results with my ownership of a 2014 Custom but I bought used that already had most of Todd’s modifications. I just added GuzziTech headers to complete a full system from GuzziTech along with a map update. I just completed a 4 day ride into northern Arizona with a buddy on a 2016 HD Roadking with a stage one motor upgrade and even he had to admit the Guzzi flat outperformed the HD in every area even though the HD is 300cc larger. The Guzzi out handles and out performed without missing a beat.

Well I have a 2016 Audace and did 10,000KM last year with no major issues and am very happy. I love the character of this bike - seriously this could be a keeper. Only niggles I had were heat shield and exhaust bolts dropping out, locatitied them back in and they've stayed put. It also took me a while to get used to the character of the Guzzi engine after a bunch of Jap in-line 4's, in particular the rattles and noise, but as I said that's my problem and "they all do that". I also had an incorrectly assembled cruise control button (easily fixed by taking it apart).

Fuelling must have been revised for my model year since I have no serious complaints - it's not perfect (e.g. < 2000rpm) but it never drove me crazy. Having said that I have ordered Todd's fueling mod but not fitted it yet. Rear wheel splines were definately greased on mine oh and the LCD display still fades if left in the sunlight but returns later when cooled down, so I cover it up if it bothers me (or park in the shade). I've bought rack, screen, engine covers as extras but it's mostly stock - Would love to go on some serious longer rides with fokes if anyone is around these parts

ended up buying a brandy new 2018 Indian Springfield Dark Horse which,BTW,performed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then every Moto Guzzi I road tested.So I will be leaving this site,but would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on here for their help,their patience with me,and their respect.So I thank you all again ladies and gentlemen and maybe one day,we'll meet on the road!! So good luck,and I thank you all again!!! Respectfully and VERY DISAPPOINTED, Dave!!!

Good for you! Now go and be disappointed in whatever bike you ride in the future.

Are you aware the the new name for the Indian engine is the: "111 Clacker"" ?
All engines "loosen up" during break in but it's looking like the Indian never stops the process just keeps making more & louder noises.
Also many complaints on paint peeling & rust.

When Polaris (who makes Indian) discontinued the Victory line in 2017 they stated that parts would be available for 10 years.
Here it is less than 1 year later & "stuff" including hard parts are getting hard to find.
Customer service was never a strong point with Pole_anus which is way more aggravating than "Boutique" Guzzi.

Good Luck & hope you enjoy your ride.

I have road tested every single Indian model they make and I don't think any of them hold a candle compared to my 2014 California 1400 Custom in either handling or performance. The Guzzi is a Sport/Cruiser which is a completely different catagory. I currently have 24K on the clock and very few niggling problems have been experienced. Remember, these machines are HAND BUILT and no two are alike so your experience may vary.

I bought my 2014 Cali 1400 Custom in April 2015 from RPM Cycle in Dallas - was a demo model with just shy of 3,000 miles on it. Got it for less than $10K.
I haven't looked back since! I simply love the personality of this bike. I enjoy riding its nekked (noshield, etc.) frame, though I did get the hard bags for it to carry my gear.
If I do get a 2nd ride, it may be something like a Triumph Tiger Low. Otherwise, I'm content.

I have a 2014 Touring with 8k miles on it. No issues other than normal services. Just did a 2k trip to TN, NC and GA. The bike runs better after about 6k miles.

Only complaint is grinding the floorborads and feelers. And the pia air filter change.

"The concern I have is they add $1,200 to the price of a bike with destination and set up fees."

I thought the stealers only did that in California.

I have a 2016 Eldorado I have 40,000 miles on it. The only issues I had were a hanging throttle that was fixed by replacing the Temp sensor. (under warranty). A few fasteners that preferred to strip out rather than come out (easy fix I ordered spares). I ride in all weather every day. They only down time I have ever had was because I left the key on over a weekend and had to restore the battery, which was saved and still on that battery. Grab a shop manual the maintenance is not hard. Valve adjustments are easy and fast. I have done all the maintenance so far. That said I have not done my fork oil yet but I will get to it. Part of motorcycling is taking the time to work on and clean up your ride, if you spend the time to check fasteners tight, do your greasing, and follow the maintenance schedule it will run the wind for ya. I love Mah Guzzi!

Back