• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Missing part Final Drive Kit

ultimathesheep

Just got it firing!
Hi everyone! I'm in need of a Guzzi guru. I'm currently rebuilding (I guess I shouldn't call it that I'm not reusing any parts but the case) the hypoid gear set on my '16 Stelvio and the kit I ordered is missing the spacer that goes between the two tapered roller bearings on the pinion shaft. This spacer seems pretty important as it's crushed to help set preload and also seems to do some oil control. Now with anything mechanical that is crushed it should be replaced, and seeing how I broke it in a moment of carelessness I really need a replacement.

Any idea on what part number this is and where I can get it? I can't seem to find a break down of the parts for the kit only a number for the whole kit.

I'm sure you're all wondering why I'm doing this rebuild. The teeth on the pinion have some really nasty spalling on them. When I did my end of season maintenance last year I noticed that the magnetic plug has a worrying amount of large pieces of metal on it. So I decided to pull apart the CARC for an inspection. The two external bearings checked out fine and I didn't find any looseness during a bump test of them the shafts or crown wheel. I inspected the crown wheel teeth visually it's tough to see anything with how tight it is to the carrier but it seemed alright. I pulled the seal and nut off the pinion shaft to see if there was a possiblity of those bearings failing. Again didn't find anything. So I pulled the bearings I could and pressed off the bearing I couldn't and after removing the crown lo and behold there was my issue.

Crazy part is with all the damage on the pinion the crown still looks perfect, doesn't even look worn. That and it didn't howl, or maybe it was howling at highway speed but I certainly couldn't hear it. If people are interested I'll upload some pictures.

Have you contacted the folks where you ordered the kit? If a dealer they may be able to get the part you need.

I have contacted Harper's about it. He looked through the other kits he has and found one but it was also damaged. He's tried to source one from Piaggio but wasn't able to get very far with them. So I'm at a loss here.

Back