• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Modifying stock V7 ii exhaust?

This will cause the bike to run even leaner soooooo it may sound nice but expect to hear some popping.
When that gets annoying then contact Todd (GT-Rx) on this site to get it corrected.

Remember sound video's are pretty much useless. Also notice he's appears to be in a concrete parking garage which will make it sound completely different then how it actually sounds.

I'd like to know if the forum members here think it is a feasible solution, and any detrimental effects that this operation may have.
People do silly things all of the time. If you are just looking for noise, proceed as you wish. Just know that it is a very expensive to replace, irreversible mod.
Stock bikes, or more so any that are modified (much less hacked), would be in dire need of fueling corrections in order to not be majorly detrimental to the engine. Many just (ignorantly) pretend the fueling will adapt (it does not).
I will continue to repeat as this seems to occur almost every other post of late... and it is WELL covered here on this Forum section... I offer a device HERE based on a decade and half of Guzzi-focused fuel corrections on this site via the Store tab. It is not free or cheap. Please don't ask if there is anything else that is.

And I assume it will be even louder when the RH muffler is opened up, it looks like only the left one has been drilled.

I am interested I "modifying" the stock exhaust primarily to lose the cats &reduce exh. heat. Personally I've no problem w/ sound ,but the bottom of my saddle bags get warmer than I'd like. Has anyone out there done the drill modification ?what diameter & length or multiple small holes ? When I had the left muffler off (tire change) it appears as though the cat is a metal mesh or is that a shield ? I'm familiar w/auto cats & they are usually a ceramic honeycomb that isn't to difficult to bore through . does any one have a crash damaged one to eviscerate ? Thanks in advance for any positive feed back . Oh also here in Mass, a yearly state inspection is required &some eagle eye inspectors look for OEM pipes &have a sound meter @ the ready. Yeah I could have 2sets of mufflers ,I'd prefer to fly under the radar.

Not sure where you got your bike from, but I got mine from George at Corsa in Toronto. He gave me a sweet deal on Canadian made Hindles. Keep in mind no removable baffles, so you can't make them quieter...they are pretty much open.

Now before you run out and get them, mine went on at the dealership, new bike never run with the stock mufflers with stock fuelling. Now it became quickly apparent that the fuelling needed to be done (bike ran like crap with back firing during cold starting).

Got a map from Todd and the bike runs great now. Hindle quality is decent enough and he's local if they need to be repaired. But if i had to do it again i would spent another 300-400 cdn and get Todd's reverse cone megs as i like the look a bit better. i'm sure they'd be solid too.

If i was you, i would touch anything until you have the $ to do it right.

I also have a 2016 V7-II Stone, also bought from George at CORSA. Looking to change the exhaust and George's guy is recommending the Hindle's. I'm looking from a slightly louder and deeper, throatier sound...not looking for power gain. I was thinking of the Lafranconi pipes but they're a small fortune. Do you have the contact information for this 'Todd' guy?

Hit the tab above and the contact option. I would also hit the store selection and look at the options. And also the search option and look at the info on exhaust. Welcome

Do you have the contact information for this 'Todd' guy?
The downside of a small operation and being so accessible, is that everyone just assumes people seeing this site knows who I am.
Direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com -- and is this day and age slightly amazes me when people say that is not a valid email address. Simply replace 'at' with @ and slide together. Online bot crawlers will bury direct emails posted online.
As stated above, peruse the online Store tabbed above, then feel free to email with any questions related to the products. I cannot answer other questions via email. The Forum is best for those.

I also have a 2016 V7-II Stone, also bought from George at CORSA. Looking to change the exhaust and George's guy is recommending the Hindle's. I'm looking from a slightly louder and deeper, throatier sound...not looking for power gain. I was thinking of the Lafranconi pipes but they're a small fortune. Do you have the contact information for this 'Todd' guy?
My 2cents, read the posts and make an informed decision. GuzziTech is not all things Guzzi but Todd DOES know what he is talking about. There are lots of options in the store and he stands by his products.

Just bite the bullet, save your pennies and buy Todd's full system with the GPMegs (2>1 or 2>2) and Todd's fueling fixer box. You get a stunninglv beautiful sound plus much sweeter performance all 'round.

While choosing a replacement for the stock pipes I am tempted to « try some things » in the mean time..

But it would be beneficial to understand what is in there now with a longitudinal cross section of one of the pipes... whose going to donate a pipe to Science ;)

Last edited:
Back