• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

More Air?

Stephen Dickinson

Tuned and Synch'ed
A question.
Is it worthwhile modifying the air inlet box on a Stelvio to allow greater flow?
Many years ago I owned a California Jackal and by removing the top of the air inlet box and replacing it with a retaining ring to just hold the filter in, had a noticeable increase in performance (and inlet noise). The air box inlet on the Stelvio appears small. Is it worth undertaking a similar mod on the Stelvio? Would the existing engine map take advantage of?
cheers

A question.
Is it worthwhile modifying the air inlet box on a Stelvio to allow greater flow?
Many years ago I owned a California Jackal and by removing the top of the air inlet box and replacing it with a retaining ring to just hold the filter in, had a noticeable increase in performance (and inlet noise). The air box inlet on the Stelvio appears small. Is it worth undertaking a similar mod on the Stelvio? Would the existing engine map take advantage of?
cheers

You mean something like this? https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/other/products/gt-rx-cnc-gs-abr

If you do it will require fueling modifications so also look here, https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/fueling

And you may also want to change the exhaust to flow more air as well https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/exhaust

All three changes should be done at the same time so Todd can provide the appropriate map for your bike.

Over the years I have learned that the first step in streamlining an engine is to make it breath. If you do the intake, you would be best to do the outlet as well. Keep in mind, as soon as you do that you need to also streamline the fueling. In my opinion and experience, this website is the one stop place for all of it. It is worth every penny.

You mean something like this? https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/other/products/gt-rx-cnc-gs-abr

If you do it will require fueling modifications so also look here, https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/fueling

And you may also want to change the exhaust to flow more air as well https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/exhaust

All three changes should be done at the same time so Todd can provide the appropriate map for your bike.

Thanks for that. Yep the ring is what I was thinking about. Re fueling. Not confident to do myself. Current plan is to take to PR but cant get to the mainland due to the virus. That will have to wait until early next year ( I hope). Re exhaust. Already has a MIVV on it.
cheers

oh dear
You see Australia is a big place and Tasmania is an Island off its coast you can only get to by air or on a boat that takes an overnight trip. Options for Guzzi expertise are limited as to where you can practically take your bike to. Despite the isolation in Tassie we are at present COVID free and living in a beautiful place with great scenery and twisty challenging roads.
I certainly welcome and appreciate the guidance and assistance I get from this forum. I hope it can continue.
However, we are even further from the USA. While no problem getting parts from there. Freight and mail links work well, there is no substitute for talking face to face beside your bike when you need some technical help that is outside your expertise. By the way just because you are discussing an issue with someone doesnt mean you necessarily have to agree with them. I have been around long enough and have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and can make up my own mind on a subject. We have Mario at Thunderbikes in Perth, who is a great resource and top bloke, but he is on the other side of the continent. While PR may invite some of the criticism that he has received on these pages, he is certainly a character who is passionate about his Guzzis and is someone who should at least be listened to.
At present for all practical purposes we cant get off my Island home but there is some hope that after Christmas we will be able to.
In the meantime, I will save my pennies to buy one of your air box rings.
Cheers

Back