• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

(more) EICMA news

RJVB

GT Reference
Terreblanche concept Moto Guzzis

Guess he finally learned how to put an engine into a frame ;)

3085.jpg

Thanks for the post... and look closely at the faces of those in the above frame, I concur. I guess I'll just go buy a KTM when these things start arriving. I'm anxious to see what else they pull out next, to see what my next brand will be.

MP/Ghezzi's MGS-02 project named "Alba" - click (poor) pic below for more info;

Well, that one definetely looks more Italian and certainly more like previous Guzzis. But I'm a bit amazed you don't appreciate the Terreblanche concept bike to such an extent. Esp. the red one, with its original rear suspension.
Of course I also hope they'll keep the "classical classy" bikes in their lineup, but I don't find these prototypes ugly (like the Strada Aperta for instance). And I'm quite sure they'd very much be "in the market" if Guzzi manages to release them in time to ride on the "street fighter" hype. Could bring the fresh buyers they need!

I'm going to coin an alternative term for "street fighter", which I can't stand. These would be the 21st versions of the Café Racers of old, no? That'd make them Club Racers (or whatever fashionable cafés are now called B) )

René, I'm not a big fan of the "streetfighter" (er, naked standard) styling these days, and on the few I don't mind, they usually back the look with massive power, and low weight. Just the recipe that would win me many speeding "awards" or send me quickly to jail. If I were to buy one, I would want the things outlined above, and I can't see it using the current Guzzi power-plant, which is what makes it a Guzzi IMO. I do suppose it will bring in "new blood" but they better be ready with product support and a dealer base (at least here in the U.S., where it's sadly lacking) that can handle the issues that new-to-Guzzi owners bring.
While I can appreciate the technological advances on the red bike below, it just doesn't do it for me. Cost too would be pretty prohibitive as well I would bet.

3087.jpg

3086.jpg

I am all over the green one. It certainly is an updated, IMHO, of the Centauro. Vey 21st century.

Now it is a tough choice the Griso SE or this one. I guess I will have to wait until 2012.

my god they are ugly! Have they even tried to do a fake bmw badge in the tank sides. :sick:

edit: The MGS-02 looks better but it's not for me

A few better pics:

Attachments

• GTBlancoV12-1.jpg
    GTBlancoV12-1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 738
  • GTVerdeV12-2.jpg
    GTVerdeV12-2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 738
  • GTVerdeV12-1.jpg
    GTVerdeV12-1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 738
  • GTRossoV12-3.jpg
    GTRossoV12-3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 738
  • GTRossoV12-2.jpg
    GTRossoV12-2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 738
  • GTRossoV12-1.jpg
    GTRossoV12-1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 738
Can I get the girl with the red bike, please (I'll resell the latter) :silly:

Moto Guzzi is spending money on 'concepts.' It has to be a positive sign that they are serious. There are pieces from each of these concepts that I appreciate, especially the red one. I like the shape of the fuel tank and seat, the exhaust, sump, Ohlins forks and radial brakes. I would love to see something like this with a half fairing and a less interesting(?) headlight. I was hoping to see a often rumored 1400 cc quattro-valve. There are some great photos of these bikes at; http://www.asphaltandrubber.com.

It might be that I am a "stick in the mud", but I think most modern industrial design lacks something.

Sure these bikes might appeal to the 20 year old who has too much cash and wants to pull wheelies from every traffic light, but IMO the designs will date very quickly - something that I thought the Italians were generally very good at avoiding.

Unless they are a design or trechnical breakthrough, these bikes if they make it to the show room floor will IMO have a short commercial life, just like most things aimed at the rev head consumer who are driven by fashion not form. They certainly would have trouble being put into the "classic" or "significant" dsign category when written about in 10 years time.

Maybe it's the Piaggio influence.

Mike, think you nailed it, I'm in the same boat.

Allan, interesting that they are calling the rosso version "Le Mans" -- sad really. I do appreciate the details, including this wonderful (adjustable) peg mount. Edit: Hmmm.. not seeing how it could work with linkage attached). Think I'll trying for something similar for my Hellion project:

Attachments

• CARCPegDtl.jpg
    CARCPegDtl.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 411
I've been pondering the linkage....

I recon there's a small chain runnin inside the two peg mounts - easy!

Think of the cheap Japanese CD/radio systems for the home and turn that junk into Motorcycle form! This guy is a loser! He take a train front end, marries it to a speedboat tail section without understanding the basics of REGULATING lines. He knows NOTHING about design.

This is more of the same mindless crap , IMO, really BAD design. I wouldn't EVER want one and given it seems we thus far are split on the beauty of these machines I would suggest Piaggio think r e a l hard before going down this road...

vivo

Well there they are :unsure:

Nothing that would make you run around showing the new Guzzis to the un-annointed :sick:

I'm a Terblanche fan, my 2004 Multistrada is fantastic at doing what it was designed for, and I find it's design cleaner and much lighter looking than the 1200. Heh, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder, right?

:whistle: Now that I'm out of the closet, these designs don't seem to represent what Guzzi stands for. They look like they just rolled off the "Pimp My Ride" set. They are not breaking ground, they're chasing the other designs and adding some useless gimmicks, whats the point of an LCD screen if it's twice as ugly and four times as useless as a nicely crafted mirror. Like Todd says, " I'll just go and buy a KTM". They are just concepts, and for that a lot of the gimmicky pieces should hopefully disappear from a production model.

At least they're doin' sumthin', there's actually somebody wielding a pencil instead of just changing colors on the Cali, from what has been said about the Norge they addressed a lot of the issues. For me if they'd have just stuffed a Quattrovalvole in without the improvements it would have been a letdown, like taking the easy route.

Mike.C said:
I've been pondering the linkage....

I recon there's a small chain runnin inside the two peg mounts - easy!

"Hmmm," the restless Aussie thought, "this would be a nice winter shed project" :silly:

Back