Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

More exhausting exhaust questions. Zard and Agostini

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by StokedOnSpokes, Mar 3, 2013.

1. StokedOnSpokes

StokedOnSpokes Tuned and Synch'ed

Just about ready to pull the trigger on a Zard for my G11 but then I started really looking at the available pics on the web. How's the black finish and is it a quality coating? Doesn't seem to look that great in some of the close-ups. Maybe it's just photo image quality vs. reality.

Then there's a bunch of photos taken of the Zard from weird angles. Makes pipe look like it's on a very steep incline, which looks bad. Speaking of incline, the stock can has a slight bend, so the can follows the lines better. Now wishing Zard wasn't as long or steep as I'm thinking its too acute. Same goes for Agostini. Almost went that route but didn't like the look of the springs. I think I could lower the Zard an inch by attaching a bracket between exhaust and mounting point but not sure if it will look clean.

Anyone want to weigh in on my comments?

2. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I agree, I think the mufflers without a bend/angle end up looking a little out of place. I prefer the look of Todds stainless megaphone muffler, either in a left side direct replacement or, what I have, the right side exit version, which in my opinion looks the best.

3. gaurushab

gaurushab Tuned and Synch'ed

I chose Zard as it blends well with my Black Devil color scheme. Here's a pic. I am happy with the quality but it's really subjective.
    Shape/angle wise I think Todd's GTRX pipes look better. I gave them serious consideration (and still do).
    Hope this helps.

4. kmac33

kmac33 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I too went with a pipe from Todd. Started with his "original" slip on. Loved the way it looked, the price is great and after installing it, loved the way it sounded. Top quality pipe.
    I now have the "prototype" shorty trapezoidal exhaust (includes the Y-pipe).
    I wanted this new set-up primarily for the look. As with his other pipe, the fit is perfect, quality is top notch and it sounds AMAZING :silly: .
    Pics on this thread: https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/9985.html?start=10

5. Mark111

Mark111 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Quat D
    Not to big and not to noisy.
    It has a removeable DB killer and Cat.
    doesn't get in the way of bags

Attached Files:

6. Cage Free

Cage Free Cruisin' Guzzisti

I felt the same way when looking for a slipon for my Griso, none of them really made me think (ya this is the one) and for the damn near $1k they cost they need to..I went with a Delkavic carbon can, it fits well, looks good and sounds friggen amazing... The best part.... $214.. including DB killer delivered to my house...cant beat that...Say what you will but these are just a fancy glass pack muffler and not need cost so much..

7. StokedOnSpokes

StokedOnSpokes Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for the feedback. The Quat D seems decent. Not too huge or baseball bat "like". I may have to look into it more. Still hate springs...

Todd's exhausts are inovative; however, I'm not sure I like the looks. Material looks very different than stock.

Looks like the search continues.

-Frank

8. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I have a used Quat-D sitting in my shed. I replaced it with Todds Right side exit exhaust.
    The Quat-D system works and looks ok. Mine came with a removable db killer.

9. gaurushab

gaurushab Tuned and Synch'ed

while I was going through my exhaust search, Todd had offered to do his GT-RX pipe in a high polish finish like this one - for a bit more money obviously. Something for you to consider.

10. Birch

Birch Tuned and Synch'ed

Any idea if the Quat or Zard can be used without a reflash on a G1100?

11. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The G11 does OK with either of these, especially with the 068 map. Happy to be of help with the Zard and map -OR- a true performance re-flash; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/235/4129

12. wyno

wyno Just got it firing!

Pete Roper just pust a Mistral in carbon without a db killer on my Griso Black Devil. It just clears the H&B pannier rack and points straight at the indicator. So far the indicator only gets warm not hot. It sounds fantastic and the look suits the Griso. I've been wringing it's neck since the pipe went on and had a ball.

13. wetcoast_griso

wetcoast_griso Tuned and Synch'ed

The mild and woolly suburbs of Vancouver Canada
    I've had a Mistral on my G1100 for a year and the HB Junior bags. My turn indicator is now quite melted. I'm actually looking for a replacement set in aluminum.

14. wyno

wyno Just got it firing!

Pete said that if the indicator melts I should try some of the LED ones. He did recommend a brand but I've forgotten which it was. I'll be travelling from Canberra to Geelong (730km) in about 3 weeks and that should be the acid test. If it survives that trip, then I don't think I'll have any problems anytime.

15. wittangamo

wittangamo Cruisin' Guzzisti

No clearance or heat problems with my Mistral carbon and factory panniers or turn signals. Don't know if you can see clearly in these pics, but there's an inch plus of clearance on the bags and plenty of clean air between signals and exhaust. Riding for almost a year with no issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. wyno

wyno Just got it firing!

Looks as though mine rides higher than yours. I might have to make up an extension bracket to lower it a bit. I have the same exhaust as you and I think I might need a db killer now that I'm moving to Victoria, the nanny state. Does anyone know where I can get a db killer for the Mistral round carbon can?

17. hs3000

hs3000 Just got it firing!

MG Cycle has the db killer for Mistral pipes. Out of stock but he said they should be in by weeks end.
    If you send an email they are pretty quick about responding.

18. Cage Free

Cage Free Cruisin' Guzzisti

Maybe its just me but shouldnt an exhaust system thats designed for a specific bike and costs as much as they do really not have a basic design flaw that allows them to possibly melt the stock turn signals..Just shows lack of design and detail by the mfg and is not acceptable in my book.

19. wyno

wyno Just got it firing!

I've noticed that the indicator has turned almost black, both in front and on the orange plastic. The flash is still visible in daylight though and the indicator shows no sign of melting yet.

20. Tilter

Tilter Tuned and Synch'ed

I had the agostini and loved the sound. Springs were meh. It did have a steeper angle. I switched to termignoni and it's awesome