• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

More riding time...

wsholar

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Got the pink slip today, along with 70% of my fellow SOA-BI Development teammates at Sun. But there is clearly a silver lining!

Time to get the Scura charged up and out on the road for a little "regrouping therapy," starting Sunday (Friday and Saturday are already booked up with errands).

See y'all around.

Yeehoo!?!
I do hope this works out well for you. Maybe start your own biz?!? I hope to extended your med coverage with cobra or whatever. Have a great ride!

Well, I had a 3-week vacation, followed by 3 3-day work weeks before the layoff, so I haven't really done an honest week's work since the beginning of December. I just consider it an open-ended vacation extension. Maybe I'll go back to Europe, buy a Stelvio and ride it back the long way around. Yeah, that's the ticket.

wsholar wrote:
Got the pink slip today, along with 70% of my fellow SOA-BI Development teammates at Sun. But there is clearly a silver lining!

Time to get the Scura charged up and out on the road for a little "regrouping therapy," starting Sunday (Friday and Saturday are already booked up with errands).

See y'all around.

Y'got something else lined up? If not take a holiday down under. I've got a griso you can borrow or a Mana if you want more *relaxed* touring.......

Pete

Waldo, Sorry to hear this yet not surprised considering the times. Being older then you I have this thing called wisdom. You get it from fucking up or being wacked really hard. I've learned life is a roller coaster and you can't change that. When you feel like your falling so fast you are freaked....hold on because you'lll climb so quick you'll want to throw up. Sounds stupid but you can't change it. Adjust,get back in line and jump back on the next available car.

Wacky... when I first read "pink slip" I thought you were refering to the title/registration. Damn W, hope you have some breathing room in the bank account, but it sounds like it. I say buy a Stelvio and ride it the Long Way Home. I can put you in touch with the Producer of the "Long Way Down" if you'd like. ;)

Wallace,
You are always welcomed down here in San Diego County for theraputical visits, bring a bike or ride one of mine. br

Hey, sorry, been staying busy doing other things last couple of days, so I haven't checked the list. Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. Just took the Scura out for a short once around.

I started it on the charger late yesterday afternoon, but the storm tripped the outlet breaker last night, so it didn't get a full overnight charge. Wouldn't start, so I bump-started it, just to take it around the block. When I got back, it started twice in a row. Put it back on the charger, so I'll try it again tomorrow and see if it starts.

Back