Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Moto Guzzi 100th Anniversary in 2022

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scottmastrocinque, Oct 31, 2021.

1. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT di Razza Pura

My youngest son, the computer engineer, just announced to us last night, that he is taking us all including his brothers, to Italy next year for the big party which got scrapped this year.

Oh boy oh boy, we are going to have fun galore. It will be their first time in Italy.

I can hardly wait.

So looking forward to seeing everyone there for the festa!

GerryAZ, William H., DeadEye and 3 others like this.
  2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Lucky you!! Should be a great family trip

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats! See you there!

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  4. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Do you know if the dates have been confirmed yet?, I contacted Piaggio customer services and the reply i got was, "keep checkng the website and social media"!!!!!

5. scottmastrocinque

No we don't know yet. They probably won't announce for 3 more months at least.

6. DeadEye

DeadEye GT Reference GT di Razza Pura

Wait a minute, won’t you already living there with your bikes ?

So he’s coming to visit to get free Rental of your wheels !
    ( ha ha )

7. scottmastrocinque

No, we're leaving the USA in 5 years to move to Italy. Next year is just vacation and celebration!

groundhog105 likes this.
  8. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hey Scott
    What part of Italy are you looking at. We have spent quite a bit of time in and around Milan. We love Italy and would move there in a heartbeat if I could pry my wife away from her grandchildren

9. scottmastrocinque

Mandello del Lario actually. We love it there. We find the Eastern leg of Lake Como to be just our style. Not as pretentious as Como in the Western leg and considerably less expensive.

I love Milan as we were Los Angelinos for many years but I don’t want to live in a metropolis any more.

48km is close enough but we can easily get to Stazione Milano Centrale from the station in Mandello del Lario in 50 minutes (17 trains a day from 6am-10pm) for just € 6,5

Or we can drive it by car or motorcycle if we want to.

Luckily my sons are all unmarried and I’ve told them not to rush marriage and children because of me. I lived the middle 1/3 of my life for them already and I intend to live the last 1/3 for me. Some call that selfish and I suppose it is but my tour of duty with children is done.

I can understand and respect your wife’s decision but that is definitely not me or my other half. I would be bitter doing that.

We’re done in 5 short years!

EBF98E7B-1723-40D5-B9E5-C3DBCE09F8C0.jpeg EE655B91-4027-40AC-9DE7-9328AA8BFCEA.jpeg

The icing on the cake though is that from Milan, there is a high speed rail to just about anywhere you want to go in Italy!

Why we have nothing like this in the United States is a national disgrace.

48F6BEE2-7B96-4D5A-B700-9C9193052589.png

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    GTM® and DeadEye like this.
  10. DeadEye

DeadEye GT Reference GT di Razza Pura

I think the issue is that in North America things are Thousands of Miles appart, not merely hundreds.
    In the central corridor’s it might make sense, up/down the west coast ( we’ll California)
    Boston down to ? DC , maybe into Virginia ?
    Canada, between Montreal and Toronto - towards Windsor... but not all the way...

$$$$$