• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi 850 T3 114MPH with Boz Brothers

greydogmoto

Just got it firing!
Dear friend of GuzziTech

Our motorcycle build for Cafe Racer TV has finally come to a end. These past 7 weeks of late nights, dirty nails, and lack of sleep has taken a toll, but the results speak for themselves. The bike's foundation was a 1975 Moto Guzzi 850 T3 (before photo below). John Keoster and I spent many late nights doing much figuring, but we are so pleased with the final outcome. Our hard work unfortunately has to go to my Client, and friend Olaf Hoff. We our very sad to see this one go to it's new home, but there is always another vintage motorcycle waiting to be restored. This Guzzi will easily do 100 MPH. Ben Bostrom (Superbike World Championship) had this pegged at 114 MPH. His Brother Eric ( AMA Supersport Championship) could easily do the same thing. You will see this on Cafe Racer TV http://www.caferacertv.com (Velocity Channel, 754 here in SF Bay Area). We have several magazine interest in "the back story" that is waiting to be told. I just want to first thank my wife Alissa, and son Liam for putting up with another one of Daddy's projects. Also, John Koester, wife Kerstin (could NOT have done it without you Buddy!), Olaf Hoff!, Phil Gaitan for awesome machining,Tony Parker - Body/Paint, The Beemer Shop, Ted & Josh, Speedhut..thanks Aaron, Buchanan's thanks Robert, Aaron-wheel lacing, Kim Williams-welds, Pepe-Robyn-Molly for GREYDOGMOTO shirts, Cafe Racer TV CREW, Brett "BJ", "Black Magic" Doug, Lee, John, Chris, JJ, Brostrom Brothers, & Ed C. Everyone who helped in this project. THANK YOU!!! Let's make another one...but for me!

Sincerely thank you all,
Patrick Bell

http://www.greydogmoto.com
greydogmoto@yahoo.com

The "BEFORE" shot

A huge THANK YOU to the real GREYDOGMOTO RACE TEAM.
My wonderful Wife Alissa, our son Liam, and the "real boss", and GREY DOG Berlin. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Can you talk more about that instrument?

Does "MPH GPS" mean that it's using GPS for the digital speedo display? And is the "OH MOTO GUZZI" a custom overlay?

jderienzo said:
Can you talk more about that instrument?

Does "MPH GPS" mean that it's using GPS for the digital speedo display? And is the "OH MOTO GUZZI" a custom overlay?
Since I don't know how often Patrick checks this forum I'll respond for him. I helped Patrick with this project.
We got the speedo from http://www.speedhut.com/.
Yes, it uses GPS to set it's speed and is quite easy to wire in. They have a wide range of colors and backlights and such and to add the custom 'Oh Moto Guzzi' text is an optional add-on. Because of the GPS/tach tie in, it'll also give you quartermile times and speed, top speed and rpm, altitude, compass heading, adjustable shift light, etc. It's amazing how much they packed into that quite thin (about 1 inch thick) package.Setting up the tach was easy as pie, to boot.
It's not warranted to be waterproof as it's deigned for cars but I've used automotive instruments on bikes before without any issues worse than the fogging that many stock Guzzi instruments show.
The folks at Speedhut were very pleasant to deal with too.

johnk

CAFE RACER TV ? what's that ... ? I 've never heard anything about it , isn't something like OCC, Choppertown,bike build off ?
I hope no , I am fed up with all that kinda shows , it's funny how 3 or 4 years ago nobody knew what a cafe racer was , now it's all about it... i met a lot of young kids at the swap meet looking for cheap old japs bike to turn them in cafe racers...

There were choppers , bobbers and now cafe racers.... the power of the TV !! ;)

for me they are all Motorcycles . I don't go by the "style"....LOL !!

btw , nice guzzi.... you should take it to the Salt....

greydogmoto said:
Ben Bostrom (Superbike World Championship) had this pegged at 114 MPH. His Brother Eric ( AMA Supersport Championship) could easily do the same thing.

Huh?? What's a Bostrom twisting the throttle got to do with 114 mph? Any fool can hold the throttle. 114 mph is right at (just below) a carefully clocked contemporary measurement of the T3's top speed in stock form back in 1975. I've had mine up to that speed, as closely as I could calculate by timing mileposts. No big deal.

moto said:
greydogmoto said:
Ben Bostrom (Superbike World Championship) had this pegged at 114 MPH. His Brother Eric ( AMA Supersport Championship) could easily do the same thing.

Huh?? What's a Bostrom twisting the throttle got to do with 114 mph? Any fool can hold the throttle. 114 mph is right at (just below) a carefully clocked contemporary measurement of the T3's top speed in stock form back in 1975. I've had mine up to that speed, as closely as I could calculate by timing mileposts. No big deal.

Well, well well....you weren't on Caferacer TV LOL !! :lol: :lol:

Nice built, what did you use as the reverse fork? did you have to customize the T's?

Back