• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi heated Grips

chipper

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all
I have read the earlier thread on heated grips and would like to know if anyone has the oem grips fitted and if so are they any good and can you adjust while the bike is running(sounds a stupid question). As I have had daytonas on a kawasaki before and were ok not great but ok. I am wondering if the moto guzzis grips are worth the expense and hassle. My dealer can obtain them easily enough but if they are too quirky or crap its not worth doing. Any feedback would be appreciated.Chipper

I had factory h.grips fitted on Friday

Seem to work OK although winter will be the true test. Main disadvantage is the switching only occurs when stationary.
The throttle wire also hangs below the grip and twists with it, looks ok but not as professional as my old Beamer.
The grips are slightly fatter than the standard which is an advantage for me.

Main advantage of Moto Guzzi grips is that the control switching is built in. I see no reason why OEM grips also couldn't be wired in where the Guzzi grips plug into, but only if they're the same load as the Guzzi ones. Get it wrong, and what else do you destroy, I wonder?

Just fitted my Bellagio with Heat Demons, "inside the bar heaters". Very neat installation, no dangly bits and warm pinkies on the coldest of Ausie days. Very nice 4 heat switch on the handlebars. Couldn't recomend enough for our climate, Throttle side may be a tad cool for those riding in sub zero (C) conditions.:blush:

Hi Chipper, I have the M/G heated grips fitted, very good they are too, 3 heat settings, had them on all winter,no problems, may be a little expensive ,but you get what you pay for, dealer fitted so I should get 2 years warranty!,
PS,Hope you are enjoying the bike, and not sorry you sold the B/eM, regards G B)

Thanks for the replies guys, plenty of food for thought. G, I have no regrets about selling the bmw I am getting to like the bike the more I ride it.For the first time in a long while I am not looking at other bikes. Today I dropped the seat in to be lowered and should pick it up Friday and will show the results. I will go ahead with the oem grips, I don`t mind paying money as long as its worth the cost. I had the first service done by moto ecosse and will be going back to them.I was quoted £300 for the first service by a dealer near me and will not be going near them in the future. I have really geled with the bike and have done 2500 miles already and went up the Hardknott pass last week.I have had more people come over and look at this bike then all the other bikes I have owned and is comical when people walk past gs`s to look at the stelvio.As long as the bike does not let me down I will be very happy.Chipper

Back