Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Moto Guzzi heated Grips

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by chipper, May 25, 2009.

1. chipper

chipper Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi all
    I have read the earlier thread on heated grips and would like to know if anyone has the oem grips fitted and if so are they any good and can you adjust while the bike is running(sounds a stupid question). As I have had daytonas on a kawasaki before and were ok not great but ok. I am wondering if the moto guzzis grips are worth the expense and hassle. My dealer can obtain them easily enough but if they are too quirky or crap its not worth doing. Any feedback would be appreciated.Chipper

2. Smoothy

Smoothy Tuned and Synch'ed

I had factory h.grips fitted on Friday

Seem to work OK although winter will be the true test. Main disadvantage is the switching only occurs when stationary.
    The throttle wire also hangs below the grip and twists with it, looks ok but not as professional as my old Beamer.
    The grips are slightly fatter than the standard which is an advantage for me.

3. eimers01

eimers01 Tuned and Synch'ed

same experience here

4. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Main advantage of Moto Guzzi grips is that the control switching is built in. I see no reason why OEM grips also couldn't be wired in where the Guzzi grips plug into, but only if they're the same load as the Guzzi ones. Get it wrong, and what else do you destroy, I wonder?

5. delburnman

delburnman Tuned and Synch'ed

Just fitted my Bellagio with Heat Demons, "inside the bar heaters". Very neat installation, no dangly bits and warm pinkies on the coldest of Ausie days. Very nice 4 heat switch on the handlebars. Couldn't recomend enough for our climate, Throttle side may be a tad cool for those riding in sub zero (C) conditions.:blush:

6. ELVISTO

ELVISTO Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Chipper, I have the M/G heated grips fitted, very good they are too, 3 heat settings, had them on all winter,no problems, may be a little expensive ,but you get what you pay for, dealer fitted so I should get 2 years warranty!,
    PS,Hope you are enjoying the bike, and not sorry you sold the B/eM, regards G B)

7. chipper

chipper Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for the replies guys, plenty of food for thought. G, I have no regrets about selling the bmw I am getting to like the bike the more I ride it.For the first time in a long while I am not looking at other bikes. Today I dropped the seat in to be lowered and should pick it up Friday and will show the results. I will go ahead with the oem grips, I don`t mind paying money as long as its worth the cost. I had the first service done by moto ecosse and will be going back to them.I was quoted £300 for the first service by a dealer near me and will not be going near them in the future. I have really geled with the bike and have done 2500 miles already and went up the Hardknott pass last week.I have had more people come over and look at this bike then all the other bikes I have owned and is comical when people walk past gs`s to look at the stelvio.As long as the bike does not let me down I will be very happy.Chipper

8. ELVISTO

ELVISTO Tuned and Synch'ed

That's really good news, we'll have to meet up this summer, ride safe, G