• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi helmet?

1Danedaddy

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Has anyone purchased this helmet?
I’m not sure which company makes it, but it’s made in China (but what isn’t these days lol).
Any idea which company makes it?

CF321E6F 9ACD 4084 ADE6 C56BBDCE85BC DFC4AC0A DAB4 414B 8F7F E9689B528BC0 90A5D538 38F8 4B08 9C46 8B4C1118FE5E 6A3F87BD 6FD9 4E7D B511 D80282DA2063

Last edited:
Looks to be made by a company called Viper. RSV171

viperrider.com/detail/rsv171-flip-front-helmet-175

No idea, but possibly the same Chinese company that makes it for them. I personally would NEVER wear a China made helmet.
I'm not crazy about the idea of Chinese helmets either, but they're supposed to be compatible with the motorcycle and I didn't have much information when I purchased them. I would have hoped that MG would have chosen a better company to supply helmets with their name on them for their customers!

I contacted them and they said it's not made by them. Any other ideas?
Yes it is. Most certainly it is.

The photos on the internet clearly show this as the Viper helmet like GTM said.

Most likely, it is procured by Suomy, an Italian helmet company that has made Moto Guzzi helmets for several years now. Suomy contracts with the Chinese manufacturer to craft these as bespoke items.

The person you spoke with just doesn't know this because it is not in their list of products. It is a bespoke item crafted specifically for Piaggio / Moto Guzzi and not available for the general public.

Ural has similar stuff, like their high mount exhaust. It is made by GPR in Italy for Ural and not available directly from the manufacturer. I called GPR to see if I could buy it directly from them in Europe, and they said they did not make it. Same story as I just stated above. The person on the phone was just looking at their product list and really did not know about their bespoke division products. It is most certainly a GPR exhaust.

Lots of manufacturers do this type of arrangement with the major vehicle makers and importers.

Last edited:
Yes it is. Most certainly it is.

The photos on the internet clearly show this as the Viper helmet like GTM said.

The person you spoke with just doesn't know this because it is not in their list of products. It is a bespoke item crafted specifically for Piaggio / Moto Guzzi and not available for the general public.

Ural has similar stuff, like their high mount exhaust. It is made by GPR in Italy for Ural and not available directly from the manufacturer. I called GPR to see if I could buy it directly from them in Europe, and they said they did not make it. Same story as I just stated above. The person on the phone was just looking at their product list and really did not know about their bespoke division products. It is most certainly a GPR exhaust.

Lots of manufacturers do this type of arrangement with the major vehicle makers and importers.
Thanks for letting me know!
I’ll have my dealer take up the matter with them because I’m just trying to get a Pinlock that’s supposed to be an anti fogging device for the shield that didn’t come with the two helmets I purchased with the motorcycle.

I’ll have my dealer take up the matter with them because I’m just trying to get a Pinlock that’s supposed to be an anti fogging device for the shield that didn’t come with the two helmets I purchased with the motorcycle.

They should just contact Piaggio Support for you.

If you get no traction, just contact Piaggio Customer Relations yourself.

Well, I had to double check and I was initially mistaken. Helmet companies using the same name for different things... Arrgg...

You can buy the Pinlock shield you are looking for, direct. Also you can see exactly what you are looking for.

pinlock.com/brands/Viper/RSV171/Clear

Last edited:
pinlock.com has a ton of info on the system and numerous photographs.

On Vipers website, they list the Pinlock setup as an item included in the box.

Screen Shot 2024 02 01 at 55830 PM

pinlock.com has a ton of info on the system and numerous photographs.

On Vipers website, they list the Pinlock setup as an item included in the box.

View attachment 34150
It wasn’t included with the helmets I bought, and you’re correct about me not knowing what a Pinlock is and I appreciate you helping me learn.

The MG helmet that I received does not have pins in the face shield for the pin lock install. I did not recieve a pinlock insert with the helmet either

The MG helmet that I received does not have pins in the face shield for the pin lock install. I did not recieve a pinlock insert with the helmet either
That’s what I thought when I looked at the photos of the Moto Guzzi helmet.

I think somebody in Italy, just copied the text from the Viper site without knowing what that meant.

It would seem possible to buy those shields though from Viper and use them on your slick helmets.

I’m jealous as I would buy one of those in a heartbeat but too small for my very XXXL head. 🤦‍♂️

Scott
you can order them out of the UK however the shipping is prohibitive, Mine fits well but kinda noisy as most flip ups are.

That’s what I thought when I looked at the photos of the Moto Guzzi helmet.

I think somebody in Italy, just copied the text from the Viper site without knowing what that meant.

It would seem possible to buy those shields though from Viper and use them on your slick helmets.

I’m jealous as I would buy one of those in a heartbeat but too small for my very XXXL head. 🤦‍♂️
Larry, I do indeed recognise the helmet. I am the owner, importer, brand owner of Viper so I know perfectly well which are my helmets and which are not.
We contract the same factory in china and they produce oem for us our Viper RSV171 helmet. However the moto-guzzi one is not produced by or for us. and as such we have no idea who imports it NOR which pinlock fits it.
I could easily sell you one of our pinlocks BUT it likely will not fit as there are different types.
I can send you to 5 different brands all on the same shell but the ONLY one that can answer is Moto-Guzzi.

Back