Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - We're offering FREE shipping on orders over $99 for U.S. customers now through Monday (11/30) midnight PST. Use COVID-20-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone; Stay healthy and hope you can get out and ride! Also, see our Newsletter link in the General Chat section below.

Moto Guzzi Now Only Has Small Block Non-Cruisers in the US! Is Guzzi a Small Block Company Now?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Juan1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Juan1

Juan1 Just got it firing!

I guess I'm late to notice this, but I'm a bit disappointed to see that Moto Guzzi doesn't have at least one upright big block. Yes, you can still get that great 8V motor in a cruiser, but as a guy that likes his feet underneath him, there isn't anything for riders like me. The Griso was a thing of beauty even if it needed to figure out what it was (touring bike wheelbase and weight, sportbike power and components, weird ergos). The Stelvio and Norge both seemed like solid designs to me even if they were a generation behind due to their weights and lack of electronics.

Is a new Euro 5-7 big block in the works, or is MG sticking to small blocks for its standards? The V85 suggests the company isn't content to just be a "heritage" company and make V7's and cruisers until the end of time.

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

This has been well covered here. The future seems to be the small block motor from here on out. Until I pull the cylinder from a V85TT to see if they set it up for a bigger bore, that's all we have for now... however, that's the reason that I'm doing my custom builds; https://gtmotocycles.com/pages/builds-collection -- always surprised to see how few know of them since I launched the brand Sept '18.

Mayakovski likes this.
  3. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Not true. I have a California 1400 in the U.S. :D

4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Last production year for the 1400 I have seen stateside is 2017.

5. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

For every doubt, 0039 654547301.
    They will answer to your questions.

6. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

I know, just messin' with you. :D