• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi V100 Review & First Impressions

Hippo-Drones

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I have been waiting like an excited puppy for Moto Guzzi to launch the V100 Mandello and for it to get to the dealers for demo rides. My local dealership Brighton Moto very kindly got in touch with me to offer me a demo on the absolutely stunning and ground breaking Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello and boy oh boy, what a bike it is.

Oh ya hello... sorry.
Nice bird, I mean review.
Cheers Raven :)
Great review. It's always nice to hear a review by a real rider.
Are they planning to provide plugs for the saddlebag mount holes, or leave them empty and unfinished looking?
Thank you. I've not heard of any plugs for them, am sure it'd be easy enough to 3D print something to fill them if you didn't like them showing.
Very entertaining review - and informative. Thanks for posting! Couldn’t agree more that the feel of the bike is so much more important ant than the specs. Now if only you were 6’2”, I’d know how I might fit on the new V…
Very much so, we ride for pleasure and that feeling of freedom, a Top Trumps card full of stats can't express how a Moto Guzzi makes you feel riding it vs another brand with a different engine configuration even if it had the same power and torque, it'd be a totally different riding experience! :)
Hahaha, soz, I wish I was taller too! :D

Great Video. Out of curiosity are you able to remember the rpm's in 6th at say... around 75-80mph? Maybe 90? I tried my best to zoom in on your vid, but it was during a transition and was very hard to pinpoint it.

Great Video. Out of curiosity are you able to remember the rpm's in 6th at say... around 75-80mph? Maybe 90? I tried my best to zoom in on your vid, but it was during a transition and was very hard to pinpoint it.
Thank you :)
85mph I believe is around 5500rpm

I have been waiting like an excited puppy for Moto Guzzi to launch the V100 Mandello and for it to get to the dealers for demo rides.
Thanks for posting your vid here. Piaggio had one here at my local dealer back in August for a promo with McGregor. I missed a quick ride on it then… and now I have to wait until February to take delivery of mine. The U.S. Press agent tool apparently thinks I have no value to the Guzzi community, so even though they’ll likely have a US Press Event, I won’t be able to swing a leg over until one lands here at the dealer. I can’t wait to fully dig into one for GTM mods. ;)

Here in France, many dealers have received the V100, mainly the standard model, and not yet the S model.
Several friends from my French forum have done road tests with it and are really delighted with all aspects of the bike, be it comfort, aesthetics, handling, braking, and even the lighting, which is absolutely perfect as well as the cornering lighting.
What really surprises my friends is that the engine is really a real guzzi engine, high torque, very powerful, and with a real guzzi noise.
Braking is very efficient. The riding position is perfect, the dash board is readable and the fonctions are very simple to set .

Thanks for posting your vid here. Piaggio had one here at my local dealer back in August for a promo with McGregor. I missed a quick ride on it then… and now I have to wait until February to take delivery of mine. The U.S. Press agent tool apparently thinks I have no value to the Guzzi community, so even though they’ll likely have a US Press Event, I won’t be able to swing a leg over until one lands here at the dealer. I can’t wait to fully dig into one for GTM mods. ;)
That is madness, you would have thought that they would want you to grab one of the first in the USA!!!

Like it or not small dealers tend to be a PIA for factory owned distributorships. They also tend to go belly up and leave the factory scrambling to dump 1/2 dozen bikes they had to buy back from floor plan companies that are usually missing parts that the stripped "to keep a customer happy".
The other side is big dealerships / conglomerates etc. tend to wash through people so fast they are always calling for help and info and they usually quit giving a damn about products with small sales. No win for us or the factory either way.

Back