• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Intn'l foot pegs for Norge...?

radguzzi

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Have any of you folks installed said lowered pegs...? Any issues with interference with the side stand or center stand deploying arm...?

Also, are the controls adjustable enough to make good adjustments for shifting...? Do you get meore vibration through the pegs due being aluminum and not rubber covered...?

I am thinking I will order a set but I would like some real world feedback first.

Thanks,
Rob

I have a 1200 Sport right now that is wearing them. I can snap a few pics, or I'll try to get the owner to chime in here on them.

radguzzi said:
Have any of you folks installed said lowered pegs...? Any issues with interference with the side stand or center stand deploying arm...?

Also, are the controls adjustable enough to make good adjustments for shifting...? Do you get meore vibration through the pegs due being aluminum and not rubber covered...?

I am thinking I will order a set but I would like some real world feedback first.

Thanks,
Rob

I have them on my 07 Norge in the lowest position. With the original side stand it interfered with the center of my foot. So, I did have to make a significant change to the side stand by cutting off the bend that exists and then adding a straight pipe and a larger pad. My side stand now looks like the EU version and I think it does a better job now.

afulldeck said:
radguzzi said:
I have them on my 07 Norge in the lowest position. With the original side stand it interfered with the center of my foot. So, I did have to make a significant change to the side stand by cutting off the bend that exists and then adding a straight pipe and a larger pad. My side stand now looks like the EU version and I think it does a better job now.

Interesting... So aside from the sidestand modification, how does the MI application do for allowing you to adjust the controls for good shifting...? No problems there...? I am not really intersted in having to lift my foot to shift rather pivot as I am now.

Any chance that we can see a photo of where the cut and added piece needs to be...? I suppose finding an EU version of the side stand is an impossibility... :roll:

Good input, Thanks deck.

Best,
Rob

radguzzi said:
afulldeck said:
radguzzi said:

Interesting... So aside from the sidestand modification, how does the MI application do for allowing you to adjust the controls for good shifting...? No problems there...? I am not really intersted in having to lift my foot to shift rather pivot as I am now.

Any chance that we can see a photo of where the cut and added piece needs to be...? I suppose finding an EU version of the side stand is an impossibility... :roll:

Good input, Thanks deck.

Best,
Rob

Hi Rob,

I don't have the pictures where I made the cut, but it was at the first part of the curve. However, I just took some pictures with my cellphone. Here you go.

You'll notice, that I have added a metal loop to allow me to push the side stand down and up. It works whether I have the lowers on or off. It does not interfere with foot. The hockey puck plate is angled slightly inwards and is larger than the original. The good news is I can park this on soft ground with little worries.

Also, you will notice that I keep exactly the same angle of lean that the original stand had. I have better pictures somewhere in the wild guzzi site.

Attachments

• IMG-20111119-00081.jpg
    IMG-20111119-00081.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG-20111119-00082.jpg
    IMG-20111119-00082.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 758
  • Ottawa-20111119-00079.jpg
    Ottawa-20111119-00079.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 760
  • Ottawa-20111119-00080.jpg
    Ottawa-20111119-00080.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 757
afulldeck said:
You'll notice, that I have added a metal loop to allow me to push the side stand down and up. It works whether I have the lowers on or off. It does not interfere with foot. The hockey puck plate is angled slightly inwards and is larger than the original. The good news is I can park this on soft ground with little worries.

Excellent,
I was going ask if you had used a sleeve or pieced the lower part of the modifided stand but it appears that you fabricated a totally new foot...? Sliding the new foot over the old stand...? Do I see that correctly...?

Good idea on the loop also.

One more thing and I won't bug you any more... maybe.

Do you notice any significant vibration through the pegs with the lack of rubber pads as on the OEM pegs...? Looks like one could put large rubber O-Rings over the pegs and into those grooves.

Thanks very much,
Rob

radguzzi said:
afulldeck said:

Excellent,
I was going ask if you had used a sleeve or pieced the lower part of the modifided stand but it appears that you fabricated a totally new foot...? Sliding the new foot over the old stand...? Do I see that correctly...?

Good idea on the loop also.

One more thing and I won't bug you any more... maybe.

Do you notice any significant vibration through the pegs with the lack of rubber pads as on the OEM pegs...? Looks like one could put large rubber O-Rings over the pegs and into those grooves.

Thanks very much,
Rob

Yes that is a new foot and sleeve. The sleeve did slide over the old stand for an couple of inches...

I haven't noticed any vibration on these pegs-at all. For the most part they are excellent. My only complaint is when you are wearing soft sole shoes (or rain boots) its hard to stand on the pegs for long. (I often ride standing up...don't ask).

I haven't thought about the O-ring idea. But I might just give it a try for the hell of it...

Nice, I’ll play around with maybe making a sleeve that will go inside vs outside and a similar sized foot.

I stand up often as well, comes from the off road days, get a nice stretch in for both the legs and back. I have seen O-Rings applied to peg before but never had them on anything that I have owned, looks like it should work although I have to wonder how they will hold up. The O-Rings are going to be fairly large diameter so probably do just fine.

I keep thinking about a Stelvio but I want to make this one last adjustment before I abandon the Norge. I like this motorcycle very much, runs better e-v-e-r-y time I take it out and flog it. 40K miles and it pulls like a freight train or it can leisurely rip through the back roads.

Thanks much for the help, I’m gonna order the pegs.

Best,
Rob

Rob, take heart.

I ride the Norge exactly how I would ride the Stelvio. This year, I did a X-Canada and back through the Northern States. I rode Hwys, gravel road, logging roads and more than a few paths through the back woods. It wasn't a problem. Well where there was a problem it would have been a problem for the Stelvio as well. That said, in some ways (Hwy driving) the Norge is better. My only problem with the Norge and the only reason I would consider replacing it is the low seat and the cramped riding position for me. I think folks with < 32 1/2" legs have a gem in the Norge. I have longer than normal legs for my height making it a bit cramped for me. That said, its still one of the most comfortable riding bikes whether I'm sitting or standing... :lol:

Back