Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Moving on from Moto Guzzi

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by rcbimmer, Jan 11, 2020.

1. rcbimmer

rcbimmer Tuned and Synch'ed

The Eldorado just became too unreliable for me to keep her. It was with a heavy heart that I traded her in. Such a shame because she was so much fun to ride. Thanks for all the help on this forum over the past two years. Ride on!

Bill Hagan and Wildroamer like this.
  2. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Sorry to hear this. Out of pure curiosity, what did you trade her in for?

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Happy trails. Love if you could post or email me your VIN # and related as the first owner; https://guzzitech.com/forums/threads/cal1400-registry-pics-thread-add-your-bike.11538/

4. rcbimmer

rcbimmer Tuned and Synch'ed

2016 HD ULTRA Classic Limited. I have moved to the dark side!

Bill Hagan and David Powell like this.
  5. David Powell

David Powell 2009 Norge 1200 GT Contributor

You will love your 2016 Ultra. My wife and i have over 100300 miles on ours. I still have my 2009 Norge just because i like it.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  6. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sewing on the back of your jacket an HOG Local Chapter Patch will be the final act of your conversion.
    ALL PRAISE EMPEROR PALPATINE!!!

:D

Tonyblaze likes this.
  7. Tonyblaze

Tonyblaze Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Are nagging problems just the cost of ownership for the Eldorado? I'm kind of curious if everyone has similar experiences. I'm just diving into the water and it would be nice to know what kind of creatures are going to bite me. lol

Bill Hagan likes this.
  8. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

If you go by forums, where 97% of the posters talk about their ”problems”, you would never buy or ride anything!

I don’t know of any motorcycle that doesn’t have some sorting out issues here or there. My lifelong experience with Moto Guzzi has been the least number of problems of any marque I have owned (I currently own, maintain and ride 4 of them). My Harleys (2000 Fat Boy and 2007 Street Glide) had the most issues. Go figure.

I find that proper setup makes a huge difference.

Rately do people rave about their bikes except when they first get them.

Bill Hagan and Tonyblaze like this.
  9. Garwood

Garwood Maintaining a Low Profile! GT Contributor

I'm up to 26,000 miles on my Eldo with zero problems. This is the third MG I have had in 7 years. Zero problems on the last two. The first one I bought used and it had been through five different owner before me. It had some issues but I think they were related to previous owners.

Bill Hagan and Tonyblaze like this.
  10. just James

just James Tuned and Synch'ed

Just shy of 15,000 miles on my 2014 California Custom. I bought it from a private party with less than 2,000 miles on it. Zero problems, unless you count pumping a very small amount of oil into the airbox. Runs great, rides great. No it's not a perfect motorcycle, but I've yet to find one of those.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  11. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I had 45,000 miles on my 14 custom when I sold it to my niece and her husband a year ago. They absolutely love it.

Bill Hagan likes this.