• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

MP Tool Kit info

I had to select each item from the options popup to add to my cart separately - tools and socket. I don't know whether that was your intent.

No matter: It will be nice to have a decent little toolkit on the bike. I've been feeling a bit 'exposed' without one. Thanks to Oadslug for mentioning this toolset, and Todd for adding it to the store. :)

I had to select each item from the options popup to add to my cart separately - tools and socket. I don't know whether that was your intent.
Yes, I thought of grouping them, but then for sure I would get someone just wanting the plug socket separately (from experience).
Thanks to @Oadslug as well, and thanks to you @Godfrey for the purchase (yet again!).

Follow up on the Motion Pro MP toolkit and plug socket:

The bundle arrived today. The little jigsaw puzzle tools are very nice quality and very clever in how they can be configured together. I was able to get all of it, including the plug socket, fitted into the supplied case. It's a better quality toolkit, in a smaller space, than I've had with most of my other bikes so I'm well pleased. (Thanks again for pointing it out @Oadslug and for putting in the store, Todd!

I'll next sit down with it and the bike and see what I want to change in and out of it. It definitely needs 3mm/4mm hex, a small Torx or two, etc.

Follow up on the Motion Pro MP toolkit and plug socket:

The bundle arrived today. The little jigsaw puzzle tools are very nice quality and very clever in how they can be configured together. I was able to get all of it, including the plug socket, fitted into the supplied case. It's a better quality toolkit, in a smaller space, than I've had with most of my other bikes so I'm well pleased. (Thanks again for pointing it out @Oadslug and for putting in the store, Todd!

I'll next sit down with it and the bike and see what I want to change in and out of it. It definitely needs 3mm/4mm hex, a small Torx or two, etc.

I added the 3mm/4mm hex bit, a 6mm socket (which nicely fits inside the 10 and 12 Russian doll style), and the spark plug socket (all from MP), and can confirm that all of those fit in the case (minus the plug socket extension, which isn’t really needed) — but starting to get pretty tight. I probably won’t bother carrying the plug socket with me, unless traveling distance with other bags/cases anyway. Plugs rarely fail, and no need for a plug socket if I don’t have a plug :) But as far as plug sockets go, it’s really nice quality tool. Regarding Torx, I did notice that the MP Tool Standard set includes some Torx bits, but it doesn’t look like they are sold separately. Are there even any Torx screws on the v7iii? Regardless, I’m kind of tempted to pick up the standard set anyway seeing as it’s super cheap at the moment. I just wonder if the bits are compatible with the metric set.

Only thing else under seat is the shock adjustment wrench in the MG factory bag. I’d be curious to hear what else you think is missing that would be needed for day carry (vs tour, which is a different beast). GT oil cap tool? Some zip ties maybe? Spare fuses? anything else? (Sorry... don’t mean to stray off topic. Feel free to move to new thread).

Last edited:
I don't think that listing out the rest of a V7 toolset is all that off topic from discussion of the Motion Pro MP toolkit, but that's up to Todd. :)

I'm not sure how useful the 6mm socket is, but an 8mm socket would certainly be useful in some places. A 10mm combination wrench to pair with either 10mm driver or socket is useful to me for those hard to reach spots, small allen keys for those tight spots in 4 & 5mm, the one or two Torx drivers, a small pair of angle-jaw pliers is always a plus. Zip ties, the GT oil cap tool, a small roll of strong tape, and one of those multitools (always nice to have a small file, a knife, etc) should complete the toolkit nicely. It should all fit under the seat in the little tray in the MP tool bag and the factory tool bag.

The Torx heads I know about are the spark plug cable guide retaining bolts (two on each head, T20 (protected)) and the rear foot peg mount bolts, one per side (T25 maybe?). I'll get another 1/4 drive T20 driver from MAC tools since it's very small and fits in the tight space. I have a 3/8" drive Torx driver for the foot peg mount in my Neiko Torx set that I can fit on the bike kit, once I verify the size.

I don't think that listing out the rest of a V7 toolset is all that off topic from discussion of the Motion Pro MP toolkit, but that's up to Todd. :)

I'm not sure how useful the 6mm socket is, but an 8mm socket would certainly be useful in some places. A 10mm combination wrench to pair with either 10mm driver or socket is useful to me for those hard to reach spots, small allen keys for those tight spots in 4 & 5mm, the one or two Torx drivers, a small pair of angle-jaw pliers is always a plus. Zip ties, the GT oil cap tool, a small roll of strong tape, and one of those multitools (always nice to have a small file, a knife, etc) should complete the toolkit nicely. It should all fit under the seat in the little tray in the MP tool bag and the factory tool bag.

The Torx heads I know about are the spark plug cable guide retaining bolts (two on each head, T20 (protected)) and the rear foot peg mount bolts, one per side (T25 maybe?). I'll get another 1/4 drive T20 driver from MAC tools since it's very small and fits in the tight space. I have a 3/8" drive Torx driver for the foot peg mount in my Neiko Torx set that I can fit on the bike kit, once I verify the size.

In Todd’s defense, the topic was custom side-panel bags. Think I’m starting to figure this guy out. :)

So I keep reading about this mythical tray—sound luxurious. I assume that this is only on models with the molded plastic fender. Aluminum fender has no tray — the only space is a small gap between the fender and air filter/fuses, which happens to fit the MP toolkit perfectly (but little else). The MG toolbag just kind of rests precariously on top of the fender arch, with nothing thicker than a wrench in it. So extra minimal. Thanks for the tips on additional items, I’ll see what else I can cram in there. What I may do is assemble another small bag with extras that I can throw in my backpack/saddlebags for those longer day/weekend trips, that I don’t otherwise need around town.

E.g. Tire repair kit (Dynaplug Pro kit is very cool), minimal multi-tool/pocket knife/razorblade of some kind, small roll of tape, zip-ties, fuses, spark plug socket(?), spark plug(?), oil cap tool. But don’t know who I’m foolin’... phone/credit card will most likely be the go-to tool of choice. :)

Btw... I think the u-bolt fixing screws on clutch/brake are 6mm, which I could see wanting to adjust on the road. Please report back if you discover any other glaring omissions.

E.g. Tire repair kit (Dynaplug Pro kit is very cool), minimal multi-tool/pocket knife/razorblade of some kind, small roll of tape, zip-ties, fuses, spark plug socket(?), spark plug(?), oil cap tool. But don’t know who I’m foolin’... phone/credit card will most likely be the go-to tool of choice. :)

My thought with the tire repair kit is... sure I can patch a tubeless tire on the side of the road. But how am I going to inflate it? I wonder how many rides with a 12V air compressor in the back ;) Phone and AAA for me

My thought with the tire repair kit is... sure I can patch a tubeless tire on the side of the road. But how am I going to inflate it? I wonder how many rides with a 12V air compressor in the back ;) Phone and AAA for me

Thought about that... was thinking that tow truck would probably have compressor but not neccesarily patch/plug kit. Might save a tow. (And much easier with tubeless of course). Small/light bike pump is an option too. But I agree, if I had tubes, probably wouldn’t bother.

Hmm. I wasn't saying anything one way or another about splitting the topics. I agreed 100% with splitting the toolkit discussion from the side bag discussion ... that made good sense to me too. :)

Yes, the tool tray is only there on the models with the molded plastic rear fender. If it wasn't, I'd be getting creative and find a way to fit one inside one of the side panels, or make a tray/toolbag to fit across the frame rails on top of the fender. (It is be the same issue for the Carbon fenders: no place to store some tools. The lack of on-board storage space for small essentials is one of the largest inconveniences of these bikes.) It's not a big space at all, barely as deep as the owner's manual at best.

Hmm. Getting creative: with the Racer's monoposto saddle, if you make the assumption that you're NEVER going to carry a passenger (that's me :)), you could carve out the hump of the seat from underneath and install a door there—orr do the rather more traditional hollowing out of the hump from the top, fitting a little formed structure there under a thin layer of foam with a zipper around the front of the hump—to create a nice little toolbox/stowage space.

I have a couple of Peak Design "Field Pouch" bags for the notion of carrying a rather larger, more complete set of tools and necessaries for longer travel situations. I've used it for the motorcycle, could use it for the bicycles just as easily. They're also great for carrying miscellaneous camera gear as needed. Yeah, us camera folks are bag maniacs. :)

I don't worry about a tire plug kit or patch kit. No way I'm ever going to do that on the road ... I'll just call a tow truck and request that they bring such a kit and a compressor. If I were going into the hinterlands and looking for being completely self contained, I have a hand-held battery operated air compressor that I use to do my inflation rituals on both cars, all four bicycles, and the motorcycle. One full charge of its battery and I can fill from dead flat three of the big sports car tires on my car ... no sweat with either motorcycles or bicycles for many tire inflations. Mobile phone and credit card are much more convenient and compact. (Same for the spark plugs ... I'll probably never try to remove one on the road. I just didn't have an appropriately sized spark plug socket ..)

The stock brake cylinder and clutch clamp bolts on my bike were 8mm bolts, but I switched to the type of clamps that have no mirror mounts (bar end mirrors) and those take slightly shorter 4 or 5 mm hex bolts, so I'm covered there already.

I glanced at the MP website and noticed that they had the MP SAE toolkit at a ridiculously low price, so I bought it and the 3-4 hex and 6mm socket while I was there. They arrived yesterday.

The Torx drivers in the SAE toolkit are T25, T27, and T40. I don't think these are particularly interesting for the Guzzi V7; at least, I haven't run into any bolts that take these sizes yet. The metric version has two philips head screwdrivers and two flathead screwdrivers, the SAE only one of each. What is interesting is that the tool case supplied with the SAE version is a bit larger, has room for five bits, and I was able to fit the 6mm socket in (as Oadslug mentioned) russian doll style and the plug socket just squeezes in under the top flap too. It's a bit thicker than the zip pouch supplied for the Metric set ... dunno whether it will fit in the thin underseat storage spot, but eh?

When it comes to tools, I like to have options and never mind buying a bit more than I need. I may well have to make a case to get everything to fit where I want it to, unless I do make that seat modification I mentioned and get a real toolbox into the hump. :D

so, has anyone fit one of these Motion Pro toolkits under the seat of a 2014 v7 racer/special/stone? I don't have any bags or extra storage space on my bike with the exception of that little spot under the seat.

so, has anyone fit one of these Motion Pro toolkits under the seat of a 2014 v7 racer/special/stone? I don't have any bags or extra storage space on my bike with the exception of that little spot under the seat.

Don't know what the underside of the '14 looks like, but it fits well in my '18 V7 Milano (with the aluminum fenders), which has exactly zero storage. If you have any dip or recess under the seat, you should be able to cram it in there. Regardless its the most compact kit I've seen for stashing in your backpack (and just good quality tools). Here's a photo for reference if it helps.

IMG 2475

Back