• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My '96 Sport 1100 needed a friend.....

Blueboarhound

Tuned and Synch'ed
so since I've been lusting after the Daytona 1000 since the late '90's I picked one up yesterday morning. I'm the fourth owner and I knew the previous two. It's been modified with a GSX-R front end but I have the OEM parts if I ever what to return it to stock. Needless to say I took the long way home yesterday.....

DSCN7556.jpg

DSCN7560.jpg

DSCN7559.jpg

Nice! And a good way to keep original body work in top nick, store it and add a replica MGS-01 body kit, then it would look even coolerer.

I've always wanted a Daytona 1000, I loved the aesthetics of this bike ever since seeing the Three Cross / Raceco UK Daytona back in the '90's.

If I ever found a Daytona/Sport donor to do a project like that I'd lean towards the Magni Giappone 52 kit and if it was a V11 donor bike I'd do a Ghezzi Brian Sport Monza.

Glad to hear that bike found a new home. I was worried I might have to buy it. I already have one like it but converted to "Naked".
A GSXR front end on a Daytona is a huge step forward. Keep track of which model and year GSXR forks they are in case you need parts like seals.
Congrats, awesome bike.

If I could have found a MGS01 body kit I would have done that.

Beautiful, congrats. I drooled over this bike the year it was released, and it was a certain teaser when it was at a Rider Mag Rally with Guzzi demos... but only the staff could ride it. I've since ridden a few, and they are fun to ride, much like the '98 Daytona RS.

If you can ever land the factory 'C' race kit, grab it. It's a smile maker.

Happy to help sort the fueling for you if it's not great.

GuzziMoto said:
Glad to hear that bike found a new home. I was worried I might have to buy it. I already have one like it but converted to "Naked".
A GSXR front end on a Daytona is a huge step forward. Keep track of which model and year GSXR forks they are in case you need parts like seals.
Congrats, awesome bike.

In Germany:

Däs Mototec offers MGS-01 Corsa also with a "street legal kit":

http://www.daes-mototec.de/

HTM Moto offers a "MGS -look" kit for V11/1100Sport/Daytona/Centauro, in 2012 also as street legal.

http://www.htmoto.de/V11%20MGS%20uk.htm

GuzziMoto said:
Congrats, awesome bike.

I'm not sure of the year/model GSX-R the front end came from. I'm trying to narrow that down as we speak.

GuzziMoto said:

I think we've narrowed it down to an '08 750 front end with the gold tubes from a 600. The previous owner had both and wanted the adjustability of the 750 but it had black tubes and he liked the gold 600 fork tubes.

Back