Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

My Racer's last condition with fairing and custom seat cowl.

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Emir, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Emir

Emir Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi friends,
    My projects on my bike is going realu fast.
    Today 3 months passed away since I bought my racer. and now it has 5.000km on it. Great bike, really like to ride. Sometimes I miss a little more power but still good.
    After wrapping my exhaust pipes I was searching custom fairing and custom seat cowl.
    First I bought the seat cowl from Spain. Handmade fiberglass seat cowl which can be used with stock seat and seat for two.
    I got it unpainted. Here it is when came via mail:
    [​IMG]

then I bought Emgo cafe fairing from Holland :
    [​IMG]
    the faiting is already painted in gloss black but I dıd not like the finishing of it. ıt needed a little fillings and I wanted fairing and cowl be exact the same color. So I made them painted.

Here is the result :

[​IMG]

as you can see I made a sticker on the seat cowl. It's located before the wax so ıt looks like fabric made. I hope so :))

and the fairing:
    [​IMG]
    I wonder how will protect from the wind on long trips. I hope it will be usefull.
    But just for the look I liked it anyway. I was really sick of the 7 labels on the bike. Now it looks more custom and personalised for me.

General views:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now my only need is a pair of good pipes. I wonder about arrow and zard. I think soon i will get them. Hopefully :)
    Please give your opinions and suggestions about mods.
    By the way I can consider changing the clip on to the clubman bar. I'm searching about it too.
    What do you say ?
    Safe ride...
    Emir.

2. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Nice Job Emir!

Emir likes this.
  3. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

If I had a V7 I would go for that look. No heat tape but a nice looking dual exhaust would be my only difference and you are working on the exhaust. Very nice job.

Emir likes this.
  4. Joerg Stoeckner

Joerg Stoeckner Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Emir,

a question: where did you buy this set cowl from?

Thx in advance (and by the way, very nice bike indeed !!!)

5. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

I don't know where he got his but this guy Make's some accessories.
    facebook.com/mitoguzziv7parts/

Poppe likes this.
  6. Joerg Stoeckner

thx Emir!!
    In the meantime I contacted Daviz in Spain directly via Facebook.
    He is indeed still selling these cowls (even in two versions, long and short) and some other nice Guzzi bids
    sported in his facebook account. Worth looking.

Cheers

7. T_Guzzi

T_Guzzi Just got it firing!

Nice mods, looks really good. I might go for something like this myself. I have some nice Agostini pipes on mine. Sounds and looks awsome:

8. Joerg Stoeckner

to pursue this email string a bid further:
    in the meantime I purchased the seat cowl descibed above that David in Spain manufactures ( davizmorales@hotmail.com).
    Great quality, can recommend it. It pairs well with the genuine Guzzi single seat.

It took me a while to get it painted the way I wanted it and install it along with the short cutted BAAK rear fender.

All in all I am now very happy with the new look of my V7

upload_2017-3-29_15-11-34.png

upload_2017-3-29_15-11-50.png

roadscum, BenRCMC and Stradagene like this.
  9. damoru

damoru Tuned and Synch'ed

Many thanks for your feedback!! You got a very nice look :)

Poppe likes this.
  10. blakbird

blakbird Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Emir, Since you asked for opinions...

The fairing and cowl definitely improve the look of the bike. Personally I'm not a fan of the exhaust wrap, but it's your bike and customized to your tastes.

As for exhausts, I have Zards on my California 1400 purchased from GuzziTech store. They sound amazing. and the improved breathing improves power. To really get the best performance out of your bike you might want to consider GT-Rx fuel mod / ECU flash options also available on this site. Check with GT-Rx admin for the best options for your particular model and year.

Keep the shiny side up.

11. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Great looking bike all of them. :clap:

Joerg, is that a Mistral exhaust? I need one of those what ever it is... :h:

Paul

12. tonUPRacer

tonUPRacer Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Nice! I also have the Emgo fairing but the mounting brackets are something to be desired. It rattles quite a bit and I'll either need to build better brackets or do some cutting to the fairing in order to keep it from rattling against the front brake master cylinder.

13. Joerg Stoeckner

No these are ZARDs

roadscum likes this.