• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

my v11 Lemans has a fuel injection demon

miket

Just got it firing!
I have a 03 LeMans the will not hold an Idle.
When I bought the bike it had a power comander on it and the stock computer was turned down to -19.It was running so rich the plugs were black and it would stall out on a idle when hot.
We removed the powercomander and set the stock computer to 24.This seemed to cure the problem until the bike warmed up.Then the same problem came back it would idle some times and at other times it would stall out when comeing to a stop,when it warmed up. I pulled the plugs again and found the bike was running rich.
Ok so now was put the bike back on the gas analizer and backed the computer down to 19.It ran great Idleing for about 15 minutes,then about 5 miles down the road it was back not holding an idle.
We disconected the oil temp sending unit and jumped the connections and it didn't have any effect on the idle.
Next we adjusted the tps and got the bike to idle great sitting in the shop for about 10 mins,I went on a test ride .
The same thing again,my friend sugested the tps might be causeing the problem,befor I go and replace the tps I have have two questions.
Has any one else ran into this problem and is a Harley tps the same unit?

Sounds like you may have another bad sensor (i.e. air temp or other). Best to plug in to VDST or get a Service Manual to use a DVM to check each of the sensors.
Do you know what the valve clearances are set to personally?

the good news is that Tommy does have the soft ware.
the bad news I have to waite until Sunday,so should we start looking at the air temp sensor

It's an Air Cooled motor ! Please tell me your not letting this idle for 10-15 minutes at a time without a fairly large fan blowing on it.

miket said:
the good news is that Tommy does have the soft ware.
the bad news I have to waite until Sunday,so should we start looking at the air temp sensor
Where would i be able to get my hand on a factory service manual ?

Where would I be able to get my hands on a factory service manual ?

Here is an up date.we had the bike on that computer program and the tps isn't reading correctly.We pulled the tank andnoticed that the right coil was replace and was loose fitting.We pulled a set of coils off a wreck my buddy had install them and it was a hugh improvement.Now the bike has more power and doesn't backfire through the air box.
by the was the program said all the sensors were good ,the tps starts at 4% and max throtle is reading 59 %.Now with the replacement coils in place there is more power.But the bike still will not hold a idle adjustment,although itscrews up slower and you can catch it now before it stalls out.Does anyone think of anyother problem before I bite the big bullit and get a new tps ?

.Does anyone think of anyother problem before I bite the big bullit and get a new tps ?

It's not a very big bite at roughly $42 from your friendly Harley dealer, but I don't think the tps is your problem. Normally, the failure mode is a dead spot somewhere at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle opening.
Sounds to me like you just need to adjust the initial idle properly. There are many threads here and in other forums telling you how to do it..

If you have the vdst software, monitor the tps and et reading on the line chart in real time. Look for a quick spike in either one. I have seen this on Guzzi's and older Harleys thet use the Weber Marelli system. If you don't have the monitor it is impossible to find this. It is a split second open circuit that causes the tps to read wide open or the engine temp to go full cold. Although this only happens for a split second it will cause the engine to stall. Another thing I saw on a Centauro once was a tps that would spike intermittently and cause the bike to stall even after replacing the tps. When we checked the fitting on the tps we found it would not fully seat on the throttle body mounting pads. When you tightened it down the tps would flex. We put washers between the tps and the mounting pads on the throttle body.
Good luck

Back