• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My V9 is going under the knife this weekend

The fairing looks really nice. Will you please point me at the source. I'm still looking for the "right" fairing for my V7iii, and that might be it.

Yup, I will send the link, I had to cut and grind the bottom two corners to get it to fit, like an hour on the bench grinder rounding the corners back out clears the forks by a quarter of an inch, reason for the zinc bolts is because i lost the last two black bolts lol. I am debating on doing rivets or all zinc. The Fairing is plastic so it was easier and only 38 USD, which is cheap, unfortunately I can't afford Authentic guzzi stuff so I am making my own lol. I think I took like 2-3 inches of plastic off the corners.

Looks really good on that Bobber! I'd be interested to know how it affects the handling. I've tried fork mounted windscreens on my V9, but eventually gave up on them because of the way they affected the front end feel (and because of the buffeting).

Held up doing 50mph, and didn't really notice a change, couldn't go on the expressway yet(Ice balls started falling from the sky on me lol) I will keep you updated once the weather breaks and I get it going around 65-70mph.

Thanks, I just got my new mirrors today, so this weekend I will put them on and upload pics. Hopefully my seat shows up before then.
Hi, I'm curious about your barend mirrors because I want to install some on my V9. What brand did you go with? How was the install?

I'd love to see pics of your bike.

Thanks

I haven't put the bar end mirrors on yet, the ones I ordered were too small, the cafe' style seat I bought I need to make a bracket for it to fit right. The mirrors I bought were some universal 7/8 bar end mirrors, they could have fit it if they were snug, when fully tightened they could most likely vibrate out.

Removed my long reflector bracket and the reflector itself fits without the bracket lol
Ha I just did the same thing, they finally changed the huge license plates over here to the smaller EU standard.
Also changed exhaust to Agostini....F@*king loud....
Pls send us a link to where we can purchase that fairing...looks great!!! Almost like the one in the Guzzi catalog.
But is it effective ?

Nice, I ordered the fairing on Ebay, I looked up universal cafe' style headlight fairing, I need to trim some more down on the bottom corners because my headlight is aimed a little high, and you will have to find a way to mount it to the forks as the brackets that come with it don't line up with anything to mount it to. I just used some black zipties through the holes and around the forks, I didn't want to drill into anything on my bike(I know someone will rag on me for it, but you can't even notice) The fairing was 30 USD and is plastic, the main reason I wanted to put one on was to protect the gauge, and the look of course. The slip ones I put on mine were Emgo 19inch Slash cuts(No sputtering, no lag, no leaning out, and some exhaust popping but no backfiring (similar issue with the AVIS system I believe its called on Vstars). I bought my bike with 4 miles on it two months ago and already have 600 miles on it so far lol.

Yeah it comes in either matte or gloss black, tinted or untinted windshield, gloss white, and I think blue also. Those should be all the options, I don't make a lot of money is why I went this way with the universal parts lol, Hell I picked up my bike for $6000.

Back