RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

My V9 is going under the knife this weekend

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by ChucksV9Bobber, Feb 22, 2019.

1. ChucksV9Bobber

ChucksV9Bobber Tuned and Synch'ed

I am installing a Fairing I bought for it and most likely doing some powder coating/painting. I will post before and after pictures.

acidlaser likes this.
  2. ChucksV9Bobber

Also ordered a new seat and bar end mirrors.

3. ChucksV9Bobber

4. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

The fairing looks really nice. Will you please point me at the source. I'm still looking for the "right" fairing for my V7iii, and that might be it.

5. ChucksV9Bobber

Yup, I will send the link, I had to cut and grind the bottom two corners to get it to fit, like an hour on the bench grinder rounding the corners back out clears the forks by a quarter of an inch, reason for the zinc bolts is because i lost the last two black bolts lol. I am debating on doing rivets or all zinc. The Fairing is plastic so it was easier and only 38 USD, which is cheap, unfortunately I can't afford Authentic guzzi stuff so I am making my own lol. I think I took like 2-3 inches of plastic off the corners.

6. acidlaser

acidlaser Just got it firing!

Looks really good on that Bobber! I'd be interested to know how it affects the handling. I've tried fork mounted windscreens on my V9, but eventually gave up on them because of the way they affected the front end feel (and because of the buffeting).

7. ChucksV9Bobber

Held up doing 50mph, and didn't really notice a change, couldn't go on the expressway yet(Ice balls started falling from the sky on me lol) I will keep you updated once the weather breaks and I get it going around 65-70mph.

8. ChucksV9Bobber

I am glad it came the color I wanted I thought it was going to be gloss, so I was going to paint it Matte.

9. Dale Baker

Dale Baker Tuned and Synch'ed

Handsome set up. Very nice. Finishes things off.

10. ChucksV9Bobber

Thanks, I just got my new mirrors today, so this weekend I will put them on and upload pics. Hopefully my seat shows up before then.

11. ChucksV9Bobber

New mufflers are coming tomorrow.

12. ChucksV9Bobber

New Slip ons installed, but for some reason it won't let me upload the video.

13. ChucksV9Bobber

New Pipes

Attached Files:

14. ChucksV9Bobber

Removed my long reflector bracket and the reflector itself fits without the bracket lol

Attached Files:

15. Pierre Villemure

Pierre Villemure Just got it firing!

Hi, I'm curious about your barend mirrors because I want to install some on my V9. What brand did you go with? How was the install?

I'd love to see pics of your bike.

Thanks

16. ChucksV9Bobber

I haven't put the bar end mirrors on yet, the ones I ordered were too small, the cafe' style seat I bought I need to make a bracket for it to fit right. The mirrors I bought were some universal 7/8 bar end mirrors, they could have fit it if they were snug, when fully tightened they could most likely vibrate out.

Pierre Villemure and Poppe like this.
  17. Mitch Clyman

Mitch Clyman Tuned and Synch'ed

Ha I just did the same thing, they finally changed the huge license plates over here to the smaller EU standard.
    Also changed exhaust to Agostini....F@*king loud....
    Pls send us a link to where we can purchase that fairing...looks great!!! Almost like the one in the Guzzi catalog.
    But is it effective ?

18. ChucksV9Bobber

Nice, I ordered the fairing on Ebay, I looked up universal cafe' style headlight fairing, I need to trim some more down on the bottom corners because my headlight is aimed a little high, and you will have to find a way to mount it to the forks as the brackets that come with it don't line up with anything to mount it to. I just used some black zipties through the holes and around the forks, I didn't want to drill into anything on my bike(I know someone will rag on me for it, but you can't even notice) The fairing was 30 USD and is plastic, the main reason I wanted to put one on was to protect the gauge, and the look of course. The slip ones I put on mine were Emgo 19inch Slash cuts(No sputtering, no lag, no leaning out, and some exhaust popping but no backfiring (similar issue with the AVIS system I believe its called on Vstars). I bought my bike with 4 miles on it two months ago and already have 600 miles on it so far lol.

19. Mitch Clyman

Mitch Clyman Tuned and Synch'ed

And it came in that Matte black? I'm like you try to ride the darn thing everyday !!!!

20. ChucksV9Bobber

Yeah it comes in either matte or gloss black, tinted or untinted windshield, gloss white, and I think blue also. Those should be all the options, I don't make a lot of money is why I went this way with the universal parts lol, Hell I picked up my bike for $6000.